Coolest racing quote?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marcush.

Re: Coolest racing quote?

I still chuckle thinking back on a Heidfeld comment about Sutil when Adrian again had a moment of brain fade going for a non existant gap trying to rejoin the race after a spin destroying both drivers race and ending Heidfelds string of a sensational 42 conscutive finishes .
It was something like -the fForce India mechanics are still searching for sutils brain in the pits as obviously he left it there before jumping in the car.... :lol: :lol: and that was live on RTL TV..hilarious.
Last edited by marcush. on 04 Aug 2013, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

djos

Some pure gold quotes from Webber on this weeks Top Gear show:

Webber was driving the original "reasonably-priced car" - which remains a Suzuki Liana for the Formula One drivers - with Lewis Hamilton top of the times with a 1:42.9s, 1.1s clear of Vettel in second place.

While Webber was just unable to match Hamilton's time, his lap of 1:43.1s was enough to beat Vettel by a whole 0.9s and prompted host Jeremy Clarkson to say "You have beaten Sebastian Vettel in the same car."

During the interview, Webber was asked if he will miss his team-mate, to which he replied after a long pause: "Probably not a huge amount, no."

Pushed on whether he's ever been tempted to punch Vettel, Webber joked "My dad always said you shouldn't hit boys!"
"In downforce we trust"

beelsebob

djos wrote:Some pure gold quotes from Webber on this weeks Top Gear show:

Webber was driving the original "reasonably-priced car" - which remains a Suzuki Liana for the Formula One drivers - with Lewis Hamilton top of the times with a 1:42.9s, 1.1s clear of Vettel in second place.

While Webber was just unable to match Hamilton's time, his lap of 1:43.1s was enough to beat Vettel by a whole 0.9s and prompted host Jeremy Clarkson to say "You have beaten Sebastian Vettel in the same car."

During the interview, Webber was asked if he will miss his team-mate, to which he replied after a long pause: "Probably not a huge amount, no."

Pushed on whether he's ever been tempted to punch Vettel, Webber joked "My dad always said you shouldn't hit boys!"
I nearly wet myself at "My dad always said you shouldn't hit boys". For reference though, while he did get the 1:43.1, he was *way* outside the lines at the hammerhead.

Kiril Varbanov

One of my all-time favorites is Murray Walker's: "Unless I'm very much mistaken ... Yes, I am very much mistaken!"

BTW, the section with the quotes on the front page of F1Technical.net has been updated with some new ones, don't forget to check them out :)

P.S. Just got a retweet from Taki Inoue, whose peals of wisdom will be flowing from the next print TopGear issue (I believe world-wide). His interview is a bit spicy, so a small preview of the nice quotes:
In my first Formula One race in São Paulo, Brazilian GP, I didn’t know what a pit stop is.

xpensive

"Let's stick to the ovals and leave road courses to the wine and cheese boys."

Attributed to AJ Foyt, but I'm not so sure of the origin.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

"If you're not winning, you're not trying." -Colin Chapman, 1973
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

xpensive

"What does toe-and-heel mean anyway?"

Bobby Unser at Sebring.

rich1701

"Piquet took the pole...and stayed there" Clive James

xpensive

"They didn't want me to drive a Ferrari, so they built me one"

Ayrton Senna on his 1991 McLaren MP4-6 with a Honda V12.

xpensive

"He came barging in...just ya know barging in...like that ya know"

An obviously stoned Al Unser Jr after a CART-race crash caused by his blocking.

GitanesBlondes

xpensive wrote:"They didn't want me to drive a Ferrari, so they built me one"

Ayrton Senna on his 1991 McLaren MP4-6 with a Honda V12.
I love that quote.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

xpensive

"Yes, but I'm Senna!"

Ayrton Senna's response when someone said he should not complain about weaving when he does the same himself.

xpensive

Perhaps we had this one before, but it's so cool;

"The teams can go to hell...they think they've got me by the balls, but their hands are not big enough!"

MrE on FOTA in 2008.

Sombrero

"My view is that the teams can't agree what day it is, never mind be able to agree cost-cutting measures..."

Bob FEARNLEY (Force India)
Friday's FIA press conference
Singapore GP 2013