LSF1 my 2009 Formula 1 car - allstaruk08

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123

Re: LSF1 my formula 1 car

Nice drawing, planning a future in designing?

I want to become the new Newey too, only i cant draw for --- lol, i have great ideas, but i cant draw them like you do right now.

Luckily we have technology :p
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ESPImperium

allstaruk08 - You inspired me to do a couple of sketches of my own yesterday before i went to work.

Carlos - Thanks for the links to some free graphics software!!!

Thats how real innovations are done, on paper and not on a computer, thats how the best designers and innovators work, its easier to work with paper as some softwares wont do as asked, others will not work the way they are really ment to from experience.

Pencil, paper and pen cant and wont be beaten as there are no limits, baring running out of paper, ink and lead.

allstaruk08

thanks for them links! am gonna have a try that software iv never done anything like that before so it will probably take some time before anything half decent comes out lol.
wesley123 i would like to but im 22 and by time i do all the qualification i'll be like 28 and i dont fancy being a student till that age lol
ESPImperium i cudnt agree more when i was at college they wanted us to design things with the computers but i resisted and did all my designs the old fashioned way lol

Carlos

Actually the thread is an inspiration to me. I had put a few programs on my machine, done a few photo illustrations about 6 months ago and abandoned the pursuit. The software has quite a learning curve. Reading the thread I am happy to have offered a little help with links. Think I'll spend some time and see what I can come up with. Maybe in the future we could do a thread dedicated to automotive art - though not a technical subject. It could be interesting.

I remember Manchild,an esteemed though controversial former member regarded by many for his digital graphics and I exchanged opinions on an image that bridged the gap between photo and illustration. I just couldn't quite see how it was done. He has quite a discerning eye and explained what it was and how it was done. That was my first interest in automotive digital graphics.

Here's an artist that often uses digital methods, a tablet and software to compliment his extraordinary drawing skills. I met him many years ago. I don't believe he was even in his teens yet, just goes to show where talent and effort can lead. He used to live just a few doors down. Not automotive but certainly worth a look.
http://www.kaganmcleod.com/art.html

There's also an illustrator that does everything freehand. Take a look for "The Illustrated Evolution of the Grand Prix & F1 Car by Simon Read."

EDIT Sunday afternoon.
I'll look forward to seeing your work allstar08.
Thanks Callum - Yes - Just like those pictures.
Last edited by Carlos on 15 Mar 2009, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

allstaruk08

the links people are posting are im glad i put the pic up now lol im going to have a go at some more tonite or tomorrow. i have no aerodynamic background but try to imagine how the air will flow over the car i like to think i have a good understanding of it but i bet if i was to really simulate 1 of my drawings it wouldn't work atall lol so if anyone has any basic picture of like airflow over formula 1 cars that would be great :)

Callum

abit like this?

search "f1 cfd"

allstaruk08

wow thanks alot! im quite suprised i thought that the air flow would be alot more complicated than that. i know the cars are designed to be as efficiants through the air but i mean around the wheels and the helmet area i thought the air would have been more disturbed this is what i was basically thinking when i was drawing the car

allstaruk08

just did a wing can anyone say if its legit with the regs. its based on the mclaren wing with them saying the having downforce problems so i thought i'd do a basic mclaren wing and do some changes lol if its hard to understand im sorry the right pic is like a see through of the wings end plate so you can see the scoops the arrow things are the air flow

timbo

Something similar was used by Toyota last year.

allstaruk08

cool i'll go have a look. do you know if its still allowed with the new regs

allstaruk08

ooh so they did i think the 1 i drew is the oposite way around

allstaruk08

does anyone know of any free 3d software that i could make a car on

Carlos

My first 3 effort with Photoshoping and a variety of software. The picture is from the F1Technical gallery.I tried to get the look of a photo realistic illustration, with a blur effect, so it slightly resembles a painting. I will admit I have shared a few pictures with friends on the forum, but believe me. I will never post them. They kinda looked like really good crayon drawings done by an extremely talented 10 year old, but a bit embarrassing for some one my age. Now I accidentally erased our logo. I really did. Please believe me Principessa. Will you try to convince Tomba? :D :oops: :D

I wish that Manchild still posted on the forum, to see that his work, was the impetus for someone else to venture into graphic arts. The forum is a poorer place without his posts, opinions and graphics. He may not post here, but I wish him well, as so many others at F1T do.
Last edited by Carlos on 21 Mar 2009, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos

Carlos

I obviously have way too much time on my hands. :D :roll: :D