Lewis third, Jarno given 25s penalty > Trulli 3rd, Lewis DSQ

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ciro Pabón

Re: Lewis third, Jarno given 25s penalty > Trulli 3rd, Lewis DSQ

With all due respect to everybody, if this is a joke, McLaren is not laughing.

Altough I understand and share modbaraban concerns, I kind of like the decision: the championship is not affected and McLaren is put on probation again.

Besides, as moderator, I wouldn't have a moment of rest for a couple of weeks if the decision had been to ban McLaren for three races straight away!

Apparently Withmarsh, a very respected member of the team, probably accepted that they screwed it.

I repeat what I posted elsewhere: the following approach to racing, epitomized in an anonymous NASCAR quote, should not be accepted by anyone (sorry about the wording, I did not said it!) :

"I know the son-of-a-bitch is cheatin', 'cause I'm cheatin' and he beat me!". :D

That's the kind of approach you get when everybody assumes their competitors have bad intentions. Let's assume, for a moment, that McLaren fell into a giant stupid mistake and let's move on, I'd say. Dennis is out, what else Mosley could wish?
Ciro

andartop

=D>
That is great news!!!
No, I have not been converted to a Macca - Lewis fan.
It's just that I'm getting so fed up with BS from some conspiracy theorists that I'd much rather see Macca get away with it than read another post implicating Ferrari into this.
Oh, no, wait!
Gonner wrote:Basically, they musn't lie to the Ferrari International Assistance during the next twelve months...
D'OH!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

jon-mullen

DaveKillens wrote:Max allows McLaren to live another day, but he probably did not do it without conditions and restrictions. A lot of the FIA's business goes on behind closed dooors, and I'm sure that Whitmarsh is aware that the presence of Ron Dennis will provoke a retaliation by Max.
Max barely does anything but gains complete control over McLaren. What an evil genuis...

No McLaren fan here but I'm glad this thing looks to be over unless they do something stupid again. Why this went on as long as it did is beyond me. I would've been just as satisfied if they'd taken a little beating in the press and everybody focused their attention on beating those damn Brawns.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

nudger

the moment ron stood down as group chairmen, the deal was done... i cant believe anyone could possibly think the two things arnt connected.
and no, im not saying ron was implicated, but come on, really... what would the punishment have been had ron still been group chairman?

The FOZ

This is a good resolution of the issue. It could have been far more draconian, or far more lenient, and at least it is on the softer side of the two.

Did Ron Dennis leaving have any factor in this? Who's to say for sure? I'm not, and anybody who is either lying or Max Mosley's personal...something. I know that nobody directly involved in the issue would ever say "Had Dennis been around, the punishment would have been worse"

I know this much. Ron Dennis is a hard headed individual, and was not easy to get along with. He admits to that much. Surely those traits do no good when you're in sticky situations such as those McLaren have found themselves in in the past. Maybe the fresh scenery at the head of the team helped. But again, who knows for sure?

I just hope everyone can put this in the past and move on...but I don't have any illusions in that regard, either...

axle

Max blames Ron for the Nazi scandal. So it's not entirely surprising that the next time McLaren cocked up Ron had to run away to save the team.
- Axle

mcdenife

axle wrote:Max blames Ron for the Nazi scandal. So it's not entirely surprising that the next time McLaren cocked up Ron had to run away to save the team.
If this is true, at least he put the team and F1's well being before his own, unlike spanky.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.