Random idea to make F1 more interesting...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PNSD

Re: Random idea to make F1 more interesting...

drivers are assigned to random cars through a random draw
Nothing about F1 should random other than nature.

I was against the BTCC doing this lottery thing. Apparently Britains premier motorsport it was, and it worked on randoms. I cant see it happening and dont really like the sound of swapping teams. I like the relationship buildup of a driver/team.

FLC
FLC

They were talking about this exact idea on the BBC in one of the FP's (China or Bahrain, can't remember).
Anthony Davidson said it was unrealistic to just swap drivers between cars, as it would require too much work with fixing the seat, steering wheel, pedals, etc. for their liking/safety.
There is also the problem of Race engineers who would have to know every car on the grid, or alternately every driver on the grid, depending on who employs them.

Apart from that, I don't really think this will show us anything we don't know. This year is a bit different because the formula is renewed, but if you'd take 2007-2008 for example, if LH was driving the Ferrari in Magny-Cours or Bahrain and Massa or Kimi the Mclaren in the wet people would probably continue arguing endlessly that it was the car and not the driver. You would still have a pretty good idea at which car is good at what/where.
The "unexplained" small differences we have today between the drivers would probably stay the same.

safeaschuck

Yes! I LOVE allstars idea! I'd also like to see giant rolling balls to avoid.

An upside down section on the straight would make for interesting overtaking and camera angles, on board shots would make you feel queasy. And of couse a Loop de Loop, a figure of eight crossover, no bridge, banger race style (YES!) and perhaps a really wide jump over a croc pit to really focus the mind on the trimming of those adjustable wings!

nickfos

It is very interesting ideas, but some of them are difficult to realize. So just a dream.Anyway support your ideas.
I like F1, I am from a forging company that provide forging parts for F1 cars. http://www.forging-company.com