2010 regulation row on £40m budget cap

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
donskar

Re: 2010 regulation row on £40m budget cap

ISLAMATRON wrote:Donskar, you are not missing anything at all... in any negotiations a little bit of trust in necessary to even begin them. I too think it would be foolish for FOTA to submit unconditional entries, but Mosely is correct that the new teams should have a say in any new rules. The problem is we dont know how many new teams there will be until the old teams submit entries.

Seriously the FOTA should just join the cap, it really wouldnt be that difficult for them, it would probably be profitable for them.
I think I see a reasonable solution (so it probably won't work #-o ):
go through whatever process is necessary to drop the requirement for unanimity -- go with the majority.

Anyway, at least the door is open. We can at least be more optimistic today than yesterday. =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

gcdugas

Clicky This should make any sensible person sick... or laugh uncontrollably. Sign an unconditional entry and then try to alter the conditions? WTF? Max is completely mad. This is completely insane.

I would like to borrow a million dollars at 5% interest for 30 yrs... and then negotiate the interest to 0% with an indefinite term the next day... sheer madness.

Shame on AutoSport for such one sided reporting. They simply regurgitate what Max says without challenging one of his assertions. This is completely self contradictory... drop the conditions to get the conditions, please name the rules you want to see, you know, the ones we refused, do it by the end of tomorrow etc. Where is the journalism? BTW, there will be new teams that can also deny your new rules (because they agree with me, Max Mosley) but you are invited to sign up... by tomorrow, unconditionally. LOL, this guy is seriously losing it.

The teams should wipe their asses with this letter and return it to Max in a freshly sealed zip-lock bag. We have seen what it means to "have a role in shaping things" with Max... you grab your ankles and Max shapes it.

Only a few more days until liberation... \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

gcdugas

ISLAMATRON wrote:Donskar, you are not missing anything at all... in any negotiations a little bit of trust in necessary to even begin them. I too think it would be foolish for FOTA to submit unconditional entries, but Mosely is correct that the new teams should have a say in any new rules. The problem is we dont know how many new teams there will be until the old teams submit entries.

Seriously the FOTA should just join the cap, it really wouldn't be that difficult for them, it would probably be profitable for them.
Your post starts of with "in any negotiation", then say "I too think it would be foolish for FOTA to submit unconditional entries" and end up saying that the teams should just surrender and capitulate by joining on terms they object to. It is contradictory.

If the new teams want a say in the rules they should join the FOTA. The FOTA are a welcoming sort as they proposed technical partnerships, cheap engines and gearboxes etc. The FIA should have no role, other than safety, in making ANY technical rule. Not one. OK, maybe the radio frequency of the timing transponder but that is it. Even leave the onboard TV camera locations specs to FOM.
Last edited by gcdugas on 08 Jun 2009, 23:41, edited 4 times in total.
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

Ciro Pabón

This thread will be closed as soon as the next personal attack is written by anyone. Please, talk about the issue, not about other forumers: refer to the posts, if you have to, not to the posters.

Repeated attacks will lead to a warning, repeated warnings to banning. Please, read the forum rules, if you do not understand the reasons.
Ciro

modbaraban

So... first Max asked them to lodge coditional entries. Then he told them to go and make their own series. Now he asked them to drop their conditions so that later they could have thier say in the forming of the 2010 Formula.

PS: it's time for FOTA to run for their lives! 2009 rule changes were for the worst. The 2010 looks like disaster in any case.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 08 Jun 2009, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal comments about other members

WhiteBlue

Fota would do themselves a favour to drop the conditions and accept the glide path compromise which was proposed by Mercedes. I believe that Mosley would also accept resource rather than budget caps. Both sides could find common ground with very few obstacles if the ego problems can be set aside. The good thing is they have stopped talking with bull horns via the press.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Ciro Pabón

This thread is locked
Ciro