Villeneuve to drive for USF1 next year ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RacingManiac

Re: Villeneuve to drive for USF1 next year ?

hence my point....being 30 sec slower than Kristensen in the same condition, being slower than the other guys in the same car....

jddh1

They should just get Chuck Norris to drive both cars at the same time and they'll surely win the Championship.

xpensive

I seriously hope that Jaques has a little more self-preserverence than going along with Redneck racing with their so far unknown financial backing. How much was Jaques paid by his manager/boss anyway, 25 MUSD a year? That's half of Redneck's budget so just forget it.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

natef1

Giblet wrote:Sorry if I sounded like I was pointing at you, but I meant the general population of this board :)

I look back at when Red Bull came in and how nobody could take a party team drink company seriously. Same thing with Force India, but both teams have made huge strides, and keep getting better.

Misconceptions? Like a whole thread about how USF1 and Peter Windsor were blowing smoke up our collective arse about his team plans, and his completed car in CAD stage? People drawing cartoon CAD cars? You mean those "misconceptions" right?

I don't make things up (often) bud. But I am often wrong.
Ah well, you're probably right :)

I hope they do well, and if they do I hope they have some modesty about it (doubt it! :lol: )

If they don't do well, then I think it will get worse (the negativity and amusement factor).

xpensive

Woith risking repeating myself into absurdum; But who's footing the bill for Redneck racing, 50 MUSD is not xactly pocketchange in any context?

WB, do you have any creative ideas on this?

bhall

xpensive wrote:Woith risking repeating myself into absurdum; But who's footing the bill for Redneck racing...
It was supposed to be IKEA, but no one could understand the directions on how to cash the checks.

(See what I did there?)

xpensive

Let alone how to assemble the suspension parts of the car. They would probably get the transmission wrong as well, having to speed around the circuits in reverse.

jddh1

bhallg2k wrote:
xpensive wrote:Woith risking repeating myself into absurdum; But who's footing the bill for Redneck racing...
It was supposed to be IKEA, but no one could understand the directions on how to cash the checks.

(See what I did there?)
wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
at xpensive too.
lol
X, you must admit this is funny.

xpensive

I already had my personal IKEA xperience described above, enjoy...

WhiteBlue

natef1 wrote:I hope they do well, and if they do I hope they have some modesty about it (doubt it! :lol: ).
I would agree that the colonials would probably have spoilt Windsor completely to their way of "modesty".

Regarding any speculation towards USF1's financial sources I have no information. Considering they are a media driven bunch Murdoch comes to mind though.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Professor

First, an on-topic response, and then an off topic response.

JV is well known in North America and would be popular with the Canucks and the lower 48. I don't know if he has financing, I doubt it. He would not make an on-track impact, as he hasn't in many years.

Off-Topic - I choose my avatar only because xpensive (were you once pensive?) calls the team Redneck racing. I find that funny, so I choose to go along with the humor(humour {is that a french spelling}).

The GDPs

Sweden - $338 billion USD
North Carolina - $311 billion USD

Median Income

Sweden - $38,000 USD
North Carolina - $44,000 USD

Population

Sweden - 8.8 million
North Carolina - 8.1 million

So, Redneck racing is operating in a US State (1 of 50) that has about the same GDP, Population, and Median income as Sweden.

I now understand pensive's doubts: North Carolina has about as good a chance as Sweden of producing an F1 car. Sweden has no chance, and neither does North Carolina. Correct logic pensive?

Now I understand. Thanks.

ISLAMATRON

North Cak probly has more race shops per square mile than any other place in the world. Yes most of them are stock car shops but still, racing is in the air and in their blood.

Dont underestimate those "rednecks"

xpensive

Perhaps we are forgetting the difference in industrial competence in this comparison:

Volvo, Saab, SKF, IKEA, Boliden, LKAB, Ericsson, Saab Fighter aircraft, Volvo Aerospace, Atlas Copco, Sandvik special steel, Avesta-Polarit stainless, Permascand Titanium works, Alfa Laval centrifuges, ABB nuclear and HVDC/HVAC technologies, Kockums submarines and many, many more.

Besides Wal-mart, what's in the Carolinas?

Guess we will learn what this means with that Saab-Koenigsegg F1 car in 2011?
Last edited by xpensive on 24 Jul 2009, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

xpensive

Perhaps I forgot about the giant windtunnel and composite autoclave at Saab/BAE Fighter aircraft system, which would dwarf anything available in contemporary F1.

Sorry, I really don't mean to bragg like that, but having lived for two years in Pennsylvania in recent years, and by that knowing the general industrial standard of that particular area, I find "professor's" comparison somewhat lacking in relevancy.

SpookTheHamster

Pennsylvania != North Carolina.

Like Professor said, it's a big area for motorsport in the US. Windshear is in NC (and owned by someone from USF1).

If they wanted brains from outside the state, it wouldn't be hard to get a few hundred willing engineers from around the world, especially after the recent pruning of teams.