Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

siskue2005 wrote: Timo was on slick tyres on wet track and was driving very slowly in the last lap
and Lewis and Kubica overtook him into the last corner
He didnot spin.
... I refer you to the original post. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7463

ISLAMATRON

Ferrari claim equal status for drivers... we shall see

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79090

modbaraban
modbaraban

sniffpetrol wrote:
Alonso says "I am honoured to join Ferrari and I look forward to betraying them at some point in the future"

barricadas

raceman wrote:
xpensive wrote:With the arrival of Alonso, I will now move my sympaties from Renault to Ferrari. A born-again tifosi if you wish.
me on board with you on the ride 8)
Here comes another one!! Think we'll have to make place, more are coming.

I am newby here, been a guest viewer for some time. =D> Love this site. PUXA ALONSO!
El principio es la mitad del todo - Pitágoras

nipo
nipo

Now both Domenicali and di Montezemolo is mentioning FA being "Latin". Interesting. Monte also revealed the reason Kimi was sacked - he was keeping everything inside and wasn't communicating very well (if at all).

Fair enough, I am no Kimi fan I won't have feelings about that.

Interesting thing is Monte also mentioned FA being more of a "team player".

I guess he means FA knows how to dominate and require all the focus in the team, and whine when he sees the slightest hint that it is not happening 100% (e.g. his teammate is running ahead of him in a race). :lol:

I wonder if Ferrari stopping dev of F60 and moving on to next year's car was one of FA's "requirements" to move to Ferrari. After all, it's very unusual for Ferrari to pull the plug like this. They didn't do it like that in the recent past when they haven't got the most competitive car. All the other teams, even on a smaller budget, is still pushing out new parts. So it is very strange.

Maybe it's personal, but I just have a problem with FA's behavior and I am at least "cautious" about the situation within the Ferrari garage next season.

Actually, all the 3 champs in the current paddock have little for me to cheer about. Can't wait to see Felipe or Nico get a go at it.

siskue2005

modbaraban wrote:
sniffpetrol wrote:
Alonso says "I am honoured to join Ferrari and I look forward to betraying them at some point in the future"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noname
noname

nipo wrote:Monte also revealed the reason Kimi was sacked - he was keeping everything inside and wasn't communicating very well (if at all).
if your communication is based on emotions that may be an issue, but technicians rather rely on facts.

I remember some time ago, when there was discussion in media about Kimi's ability to led the development (it was back then when Kimi said it's not the driver's job to design the car), Whitmarsh, who is engineer, said Kimi is a very sensitive to even very small changes of the car and even if he does not say much (I mean many words) there is a lot of value in them.
Last edited by noname on 02 Oct 2009, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

tarzoon

http://www.f1technical.net/news/13470

Is Massa starting a mind game already, after seeing himself as no. 2? If so, next season we'll see a soap opera in ferrari.

axle
axle

tarzoon wrote:http://www.f1technical.net/news/13470

Is Massa starting a mind game already, after seeing himself as no. 2? If so, next season we'll see a soap opera in ferrari.
I love the fact that Massa just assumes the rest of the season would have panned out the same had their not been that specific Safety Car situation...if the points were different from that point on it would have affected how he and Lewis drove the rest of the season.
- Axle

tarzoon

axle wrote: I love the fact that Massa just assumes the rest of the season would have panned out the same had their not been that specific Safety Car situation...if the points were different from that point on it would have affected how he and Lewis drove the rest of the season.
We'll never know that for sure, but one thing's for sure: a comment like that describes quite well his commitment in adverse situations. And that's the difference between champions and the others.

jddh1

I have no problems with Massa's comments and neither should Lewis, Alonso, Kimi and anyone really. It just goes to show how badly he wanted that title and there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously we know that things could have changed and perhaps neither of them would have been champion (it was a possibility with Kubica, wasn't it?) We won't know. Did Piquet's action affect his chances? Clearly yes. Would he have been champion for sure? We'll never know.

ISLAMATRON

Anyone else think that FErrari are stupid for paying Alonso so much? They seemingly were outbidding themselves... 25M Euros a year? if the reports can be believed...

We all know he wants to win, He really couldnt get it all together at Renault without Michelin. He really cant go back to McLaren. Brawn didnt seem to be interested and who knows how good they will be in the coming years, same with Red Bull. Toyota is toatlly clueless, BMW gone and the new teams are pretty much hopeless.... So that leaves Ferrari as the only team that can possibly provide him with a winning car in the coming years. In that position you would think that Ferrari were in the higher ground in the negotiations, they surely could have got a better deal.

I dont think Massa gets paid alot relative to the average F1 driver, so why the big payout to Alonso when it was not necessary?

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

axle wrote:
tarzoon wrote:http://www.f1technical.net/news/13470

I love the fact that Massa just assumes the rest of the season would have panned out the same had their not been that specific Safety Car situation...if the points were different from that point on it would have affected how he and Lewis drove the rest of the season.

At least comparing the ending of the 1 pt lost of Lewis in 07 and Massa in 08, Massa probably was a bit more of a painful lost since Lewis really lost it himself with the problem in Shanghai and his poor Brazil race. Massa did everything he could on his end to try to get the 08 title, only to be beaten by Lewis scraping by at the last corner of the last lap. It was more of a heart break I think being that way. Consider also Massa had his team to thank for the botched stop and blown engine while leading another race, to have an outside factor like the crashgate that pretty much had an direct effect on his title chances means he probably resent it more than anyone else....

ISLAMATRON

And what of the FIA's BS manipulation of the Spa results when they handed a clear Lewis victory to Massa who did not lead even 1 second of the race?

All of this is pure speculation... We all know Massa was leading in singapore and Lewis was right behind him, what we dont know is who had more fuel and who was had the better tire strategy.

Massa had a great year last year, against a great teammate, and great competitors, more than can be said for Alonso's 2xWDC's when he didnt have to fight his own teammate.

Massa is a world class F1 driver and no amount of Flav's race fixing antics can take that away from him, but Lewis crossed the finish line leading the race more times than Massa did and that in my book makes him the World champ.

nuno
nuno

ISLAMATRON wrote:Anyone else think that FErrari are stupid for paying Alonso so much? They seemingly were outbidding themselves... 25M Euros a year? if the reports can be believed...

We all know he wants to win, He really couldnt get it all together at Renault without Michelin. He really cant go back to McLaren. Brawn didnt seem to be interested and who knows how good they will be in the coming years, same with Red Bull. Toyota is toatlly clueless, BMW gone and the new teams are pretty much hopeless.... So that leaves Ferrari as the only team that can possibly provide him with a winning car in the coming years. In that position you would think that Ferrari were in the higher ground in the negotiations, they surely could have got a better deal.

I dont think Massa gets paid alot relative to the average F1 driver, so why the big payout to Alonso when it was not necessary?
How could any other team be interested in Alonso when he had an agreement with Ferrari since summer 2008? RedBull were interested if I'm right but it was stated from somebody from the team that it is too late. Brawn were interested before this season (if we believe rumours) but Alonso didn't want to go on one-year deal.