Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
walter

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

axle wrote:I think Massa will come undone next year. I do think the crash will affect him directly and indirectly.
nah, I think Massa will be better than ever, If I were him I'd be itching to get back into the driver's seat. furthermore he always seemed to have that "little brother syndrome" which if anyone can sympathize with, will make him want to excel and do better than the incoming 2 time world champion. They will butt heads, and chances are pretty good that we will see Alonso taking advantage of massa like he did in japan 2007. They both have big egos and it will make for some good fighting on the track. I just hope it doesn't get dirty, with the FIA's intervention. [-o<

gibells

Wouldn't it be great to see Massa take it right to Alonso. I think there is a lot we have to learn about the performance of the guy, and being up against Alonso may just prove it. As if being up against Kimi hasn't! Honestly I think there is a lot of great talent in the field these days, and 2010 is going to just get better.

sunny1304

so far what information we kow about alonso's contract it seems that alonso is coming to ferrari with his little team and he is going to be ferrari NUMBER 1.

this clearly indicates an MSC type envionment returning to Ferrari. and all these things are going against Massa.

whatever you say .... massa is going to be just a driver who will score points for the constructor in the upcoming days.

modbaraban

ISLAMATRON

Raptor22 wrote:Alonso had a teamamte once who had the measure of him and it did not work out well for him. He won;t repeat that situation again so he won't go to Ferrari if Kimi stays.
Alonso would be a fool to underestimate Massa, especially after how Lewis spanked him(at times) as a rookie. Massa will be motivated, and has proven to be as good if not better than Kimi, who would still be without a WDC if it were not for Massa giving up points & a win for team orders.

Everyone knows my dislike for Ferrari, but if they hamstring Massa, and imploy team orders from the early season, it will prove exactly why they are to be hated.

Kimi's move to McLaren proves how equal and fair they are with their drivers, after all of Alonso's bitchy antics they still want the 2 best drivers they can get and will let both fight it out. All that talk of McLaren favoring Lewis and holding back Alonso is BS. I just hope that Lou's and Kimi's driving styles are similar enough that they are not playing tug-of-war over the development of the car, like Truilli & Ralf used to do and Nick & Bob, JB & RB are doing.

ISLAMATRON

sunny1304 wrote:so far what information we kow about alonso's contract it seems that alonso is coming to ferrari with his little team and he is going to be ferrari NUMBER 1.

this clearly indicates an MSC type envionment returning to Ferrari. and all these things are going against Massa.

whatever you say .... massa is going to be just a driver who will score points for the constructor in the upcoming days.
I think it is huge that Alonso is coming with some engineers, and unfortunatly for Massa, Alonso will probably get most of the testing time and the car built to suit his style. A shame really, gotta be somewhat demoralizing for Massa with the injury and all, Lets just hope he can rise to the adversity like he did in Brazil last year.

Raptor22

ISLAMATRON wrote:
sunny1304 wrote:so far what information we kow about alonso's contract it seems that alonso is coming to ferrari with his little team and he is going to be ferrari NUMBER 1.

I think it is huge that Alonso is coming with some engineers, and unfortunatly for Massa, Alonso will probably get most of the testing time and the car built to suit his style. A shame really, gotta be somewhat demoralizing for Massa with the injury and all, Lets just hope he can rise to the adversity like he did in Brazil last year.

Alonso is going to be the designated #1 bcause Santander Bank says he will be. Massa was always hired to be a fantastic support but when DeMont muscles Schumacher out Schumacher repaid the favour by working with Massa to help him reach his potential as a driver. Massa ended up giving Kimi a bigger run for his money than anyone at Ferrari or Kimi thought was possible. So Yes I have no doubt that Massa will rise again to dish out the same to Alonso.
Schumacher will stay on at Ferrari as advisor and guess who he will work with more than not......yep Massa. So at least thanks to Schumacher, Massa will get special treatment at Ferrari.
Although I have always seen and respected Alonso's talent, he is one of the biggest a***h*le in f1; I hope Massa hands him his butt on a platter.

One thing thats the MS management at Ferrari never was is selfish. Data was always available to MS teammates fo rthem to use or not. Often that helped MS and often it worked the other way round too.
One thing Alonso does not how to do is share. Lewis found that out quickly but being the person he is, he simply got on with work and still beat Alonso. When the mindgames did not work he tried to play the number one card and that didnot work with Ron.
real pity that Ferrari is going down the Alonso route but I guess everyone has to get their fingers burnt at least once

MattF1

modbaraban wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmDxmmM2A_E[/youtube]
I think this shows how bad Whitmarsh is as a team principal.

ISLAMATRON

moreso of a display of bad journalism, he did not ask a question and then expected an answer(to his unasked question) and then made up whatever he wanted to regarding the silence after the unasked question.

Whitmarsh has done a great job in leading the team from a terrible preseason to where now they are in regular contention for wins, and he just might be able to snag Kimi for pennies on the dollar... and they might be keeping Santander.

A better team principle would be who? Flavio? Luca?

timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:Luca?
Luca is not a team principle now. He was at mid-70s though, and yes, he did a good job.
We'd what Martin is capable of.

ISLAMATRON

timbo wrote:
Luca is not a team principle now. He was at mid-70s though, and yes, he did a good job.
You are absolutely correct, thanks for the correction, Luca is so up front, and Dominicalli so in the shadows I tend to forget.

JamesS

IMO Alonso going to Ferrari is bad for Massa. Alonso will expect to be number #1 (and rightly so with two WDC's), if he isn't (or perceives he isn't) it will be McLaren 2007 all over again.

sunny1304

ISLAMATRON wrote:
timbo wrote:
You are absolutely correct, thanks for the correction, Luca is so up front, and Dominicalli so in the shadows I tend to forget.
Dominicalli is doing the routine job as a team principal. I havent seen him taking any special effort or trying to do some experiment since he has taken over Todt's place.

ISLAMATRON

JamesS wrote:IMO Alonso going to Ferrari is bad for Massa. Alonso will expect to be number #1 (and rightly so with two WDC's), if he isn't (or perceives he isn't) it will be McLaren 2007 all over again.
I still say those 2 WDC's belong more to the Michelin man than they do to Alonso... but he will have another chance to prove himself against another top shelf driver.

siskue2005

Could you be kind enough to provide a source of this claim :?: :?: