Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

jon-mullen wrote:Did everyone get why that option for a 6th year is in the contract?

That's for WDC #8.

Whoooo-ee!
:o :shock: :o :shock: :o
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

deus1066

Ferrari look to be in a very promising position for next season. In Alonso they've got possibly the best driver on the grid, and by directing development to next years car earlier in the season they should have a sound car too.

tarzoon

wait until The Fernando starts bullying Domenicali :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He's fast, talented, commited, ridiculously competitive, understands how the car works, cocky, know about mechanics, gives precise instructions to mechanics, hates Hamilton.

So many virtues

Doesn't have much charisma, though

deus1066

I think Massa must get a good start next season. If Alonso opens a lead, he'll get the superiority in the team he likes, and Ferrari will treat him like Shumacher. If Massa gets a good start, it'll be interesting to see if he throws the toys out of the pram like he did at Mclaren, where he was made equal to Hamilton.

Raptor22

Unlike Schumacher, Alonso is contracted to Ferrari to be #1. Massa will most likely leave at the end of 2010 and go to Brawn GP where he will work with Ross once again.

Interesting that Alonso's deal was moved forward a year, which suggests to me that Renault are about to exit as a full works team.
Alonso clearly wanted the commitment of a full works team and Renault can no longer provide that which suggests they will only supply engines from 2010 forward.

Now how will Alonso get along with Schumacher.....?

meexi

Just a thought, who is Alonso`s manager going to be if he cannot be managed by Flav?

tarzoon

meexi wrote:Just a thought, who is Alonso`s manager going to be if he cannot be managed by Flav?
Willi Weber:)

nuno

meexi wrote:Just a thought, who is Alonso`s manager going to be if he cannot be managed by Flav?
Flavio is not Alonso's manager. Luis Garcia Abad is his manager since 2006 or 2007

nuno

deus1066 wrote:I think Massa must get a good start next season. If Alonso opens a lead, he'll get the superiority in the team he likes, and Ferrari will treat him like Shumacher. If Massa gets a good start, it'll be interesting to see if he throws the toys out of the pram like he did at Mclaren, where he was made equal to Hamilton.
Was he equal to Hamilton, when Dennis was racing "against Alonso"? Lamps dropping on the car in the pits, strange tyre pressure in few races - quite interesting equality.
It would be interesting to see Kimi talking and complaining in McLaren. Or maybe it would be Lewis, as Dennis is not running the team anymore.

ringo

:roll:

Boy i can't wait till the new season starts. Alonso can't complain if Lewis is another team. :lol:
I want to see him driven off the track too. Something akin to this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKFBqBY19k[/youtube]
:mrgreen:

I want to see this Hamilton next year, hopefully the Mclaren is good enough to allow it.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Weak excuse this preferential treatment thing. A Rookie does not get preference to a 2X WDC on 20 million pound pay check. [-X
Not to me at least. Alonso just met his match that's all. Even if Ron Dennis is more friendly towards Lewis (which is not hard to do) that should not affect a 2X WDC. Alosno just got unsettled because he didn't expect the immense competition that the rookie was giving him. In fact, the first time I saw this Rookie black kid in F1 I thought the team was going to give him hell anyways (like Barack Obama... I was like "oh God! he is gonna crash and burn" :lol: ) so this preferential treatment thing had me totally surprised. I expected the Lewis fans to come up with that excuse.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Ray

Didn't take smikle long to chime in so I guess all we have to do is get ready for ISLAMATRON to chime in with his biased anti-Ferrari and anti-Alonso crap. :roll:

ringo

Ray wrote:Didn't take smikle long to chime in so I guess all we have to do is get ready for ISLAMATRON to chime in with his biased anti-Ferrari and anti-Alonso crap. :roll:
what a combination. :lol:

anti alonso-ferrari powers activate!!
For Sure!!

hasalard

First of all hello to everyone as this is my first post on the forum.

As a fan of Ferrari, i was surprised by recent confirmation although Alonso/Ferrari rumors have a long history.Becouse i believe that this year we are witnessing a great performance from Kimi -maybe the best in his Ferrari years-
F60 seems to be a tough car in terms of driving.Fisi and Badoer's struggle may be explained by that.Even Massa was struggling against Kimi to extract the best from F60 when compared with his successful 2008 season.

Especially, following from Massa's crash,Kimi looked more motivated and focussed as he clearly became the No:1 driver of Ferrari, but it seems like the question marks on his leadership skills and long term commitment remained as a problem for Ferrari board.

Alonso is fast,focussed,ruthless on and off the track.Although i rate Kimi higher than him in terms of driving ability, he will suit Ferrari's approach better.What Ferrari expects from Alonso is a Schumi style leadership i think.He may not be able to beat Massa right from the start but as the time goes by Alonso will shape the team around him.

Considering the car manufacturers commitment to F1,Ferrari seems to be the last chance for Alonso to won additional championships and success.This time he must avoid to be involved in controversies and stop complaining about possible inequalities inside his new team.I hope his experience with Mclaren thought a lesson to him.

Finally, i want to see Kimi in Brawn.With Ross Brawn on board they have got enough resources and talent to continue their success.Again they can design a wining car in 2010 and it will be great to see Kimi in a Brawn car kicking both Alonso and Hamilton's a**es.

Sorry for my English if I made a mistake...

ISLAMATRON

ringo wrote:
Ray wrote:Didn't take smikle long to chime in so I guess all we have to do is get ready for ISLAMATRON to chime in with his biased anti-Ferrari and anti-Alonso crap. :roll:
what a combination. :lol:

anti alonso-ferrari powers activate!!
With Alonso at Ferrari my hate speech can now all be combined... well with Flavio gone and all I can focus all my energy on Anti Ferrari/Alonso rants and point out their obvious breech of the rules more efficiently. If only Prost became a Ferrari employee(again) my hatred would multiply exponentially and would be strong enough to stream through the TV and cause Alonso's huge fuel tank next year to explode.