Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jon-mullen

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

ISLAMATRON wrote:With Alonso at Ferrari my hate speech can now all be combined... well with Flavio gone and all I can focus all my energy on Anti Ferrari/Alonso rants and point out their obvious breech of the rules more efficiently. If only Prost became a Ferrari employee(again) my hatred would multiply exponentially and would be strong enough to stream through the TV and cause Alonso's huge fuel tank next year to explode.
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit that you LOVE the Ferrari/Alonso combo and that they're likely the 2010 team to beat? Then you can preserve all your hatred for the white devil where it belongs. That's win-win.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

ISLAMATRON

jon-mullen wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:With Alonso at Ferrari my hate speech can now all be combined... well with Flavio gone and all I can focus all my energy on Anti Ferrari/Alonso rants and point out their obvious breech of the rules more efficiently. If only Prost became a Ferrari employee(again) my hatred would multiply exponentially and would be strong enough to stream through the TV and cause Alonso's huge fuel tank next year to explode.
Wouldn't it be easier to just admit that you LOVE the Ferrari/Alonso combo and that they're likely the 2010 team to beat? Then you can preserve all your hatred for the white devil where it belongs. That's win-win.
I doubt they will be the team to beat, Alonso has clearly lost his 6 tenths... obviously it was never his to begin with... IT was property of the Michelin Man... the real 2005/06 WDC

xpensive
xpensive

With the arrival of Alonso, I will now move my sympaties from Renault to Ferrari. A born-again tifosi if you wish.

As for the "H-word", if you ask me that xpression doesn't belong in sports, let alone in a forum such as this.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bhall
bhall

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

The Alonso-to-Ferrari rumors have been swirling about for a while now, but I always hoped that they weren't true. While Fernando Alonso is a proven talent, he's also a proven crybaby who won't hesitate to throw his team under the bus when the going gets tough. I can't imagine that behavior going down well in Maranello.

I suppose my only hope now is that Felipe Massa, the darling of the team, is well enough to beat the pants off Alonso at every race next year. It'll be fun to watch him implode.

bill shoe
bill shoe

ringo,

Thanks for the fantastic video of Hamilton GP2 passes. It was bittersweet to watch all the passing action between the cars, because almost no passing can occur in F1. Hamilton is still a really quick driver and a winning driver, but we never have a chance to see Hamilton the great racer.

I think it's like reading about Usain Bolt's world record time in the 100m without actually seeing the astonishing video of him pulling away from everyone else from 40m on.

raceman

Timomies wrote:Next season will be AWESOME [-o<

yeh, AWESOME =P~

and as I already previously commented on your avatar, it's also AWSOME

raceman

Tazio wrote:
Conceptual wrote:
Also, does anyone really believe that Alonso will be able to hop into a Ferrari and be able to match Massa?
In a completely new car?
Without a doubt! :mrgreen:

I think some of you guys have forgotten how fast this freakin' guy is! :shock:

Hail Caesar

+100
Tazio wrote:In a completely new car?
Without a doubt! :mrgreen:
absolutely!

Tazio wrote:I think some of you guys have forgotten how fast this freakin' guy is! :shock:
yes, I agree. those who say this will all see their mouths sealed by Fernando with a "red" tape next year [-o<

\:D/

ISLAMATRON

Just Like the fantastic results he has brought to renault over the last 2 years... correct?

raceman

ISLAMATRON wrote:Just Like the fantastic results he has brought to renault over the last 2 years... correct?
with due respect, he has done all he could in the last two years with Renault's powerless R28 and R29. This can be also said about Kimi with his F60 this year, but, yes, Ferrari have improved more than Renault with R29 now and are better.

I feel it is wrong to comment about Alonso's ability with R29 'coz the R29 is utterly a piece of sh!t - even Kimi will have almost same results with the R29 had he been put in it through races.....

It is useless to debate, but these are just personal opinions. Let's wait until the season opener and resume the forum.

Raptor22
Raptor22

there certainly will be many combinations to beat next year.

Certainly i believe that McLaren will be back on form and have a race winning car for Hamilton and Raikkonen to exploit.

Alonso in a Ferrari seems very shcumacher esque, as if Alonso is trying to follow the Schumacher path to greatness. But thats something he can never achieve because he is not moving to a Ferrari that has been in the doldrums for 25yrs. No he is moving to proven team of race winners and championship contenders. History shows us that in the last decade ferrari builds a few years of good cars when the rules are stable but often find themselves wrong footed when the rules change. So next year they will have a strong car.

Red Bull has improved its car each year since Adrian Newey joined so I expect to see a Red Bull regularly on Pole next year with a German behind the wheel.

In my opinion Hamilton and Vettel are the best drivers in the current crop with Raikkonen, Alonso, Button, Barrichello bringing up the 2nd tier.
Alonso is not as good as he believes. His first championship was won on a far superior tyre and the 2nd he won against a out of form Schumacher (15yrs of f1 will do that to you)

Hamilton beat his team mate Alonso (a 2x WDC...) in his rookie year and took the championship in his 2nd, Schumacher only managed that in his 3rd full season.
All this talk of Ron making the environment unbarable for Alonso is such nonsense. What people overlook is how Alonso targeted Ron because he knew that Ron will never build the team around him.
Now the sports biggest cry baby is in my team. Time for a change of alligence.

Go Hammy, Go Kimi, Go Vettel. I'd like to see any of these 3 take the WDc\ next year. Still holding thumbs for Vettel for 2009

[get down on knees and prays, gentle jesus, meek and mild....]

ISLAMATRON

done all he's could except bring forth his famous 6 tenths... if he could bring it(his promised 6 tenths that is) to McLaren and help them win 8 races in 2007 (because we all know Lewis would never had won any races without the incredible 6 tenths Alonso brought to McLaren) why could he then not bring those same 6 tenths to Renault and make them a title contender?

Grand total of wins at Renault during 2008 & 2009? 2... how many legitimate wins? maybe 1, after Lewis cocked up the start and then Kovi took out Kimi and Massa destroyed both his and Lewis's chances of winning at Fuji.... hmmm the top 4 cars out is when Alonso chooses to bring the astounding "6 tenths".

With everybody on the same tires there are no less than 4 drivers that have more wins than SUPER 6 TENTHS ALONSO
Lou, Kimi, Massa, & Button.

Like I said, the true WDC of 2005 & 2006 is the Michelin Man

siskue2005

ISLAMATRON wrote:done all he's could except bring forth his famous 6 tenths... if he could bring it(his promised 6 tenths that is) to McLaren and help them win 8 races in 2007 (because we all know Lewis would never had won any races without the incredible 6 tenths Alonso brought to McLaren) why could he then not bring those same 6 tenths to Renault and make them a title contender?

Grand total of wins at Renault during 2008 & 2009? 2... how many legitimate wins? maybe 1, after Lewis cocked up the start and then Kovi took out Kimi and Massa destroyed both his and Lewis's chances of winning at Fuji.... hmmm the top 4 cars out is when Alonso chooses to bring the astounding "6 tenths".

With everybody on the same tires there are no less than 4 drivers that have more wins than SUPER 6 TENTHS ALONSO
Lou, Kimi, Massa, & Button.

Like I said, the true WDC of 2005 & 2006 is the Michelin Man
i have always argued with your posts
But i got to admit i completely agree with you now, your poins about Alonso's 6tenths is correct
Enemy's enemy should be a friend, isnt it =D>

After 15 yrs of being a Tofsi, i am officially retiring from that post.
and Alonso joining Ferrari even after saying such things as "Ferrari and FIA run F1, F1 is not a sport anymore" "about future anything but the RED"
all these quotes by him and now running to that team at his first opportunity....hiding his tale behind his ass!
Shows how desperate are Ferrari for Santander deal and their money!!

Richard
Richard

Raptor22 wrote:Unlike Schumacher, Alonso is contracted to Ferrari to be #1.
PML :wtf:

So why did Rubens and Eddie pull over to let Schumi past? Because they felt sorry for him being second?

siskue2005

richard_leeds wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:Unlike Schumacher, Alonso is contracted to Ferrari to be #1.
PML :wtf:

So why did Rubens and Eddie pull over to let Schumi past? Because they felt sorry for him being second?
and why did Schumy pull over for Eddie and didnt gifted Rubens with 2 wins?

LotusF1
LotusF1

Hamilton lost his first championship because he was stupid, won the second one by luck because I think that what happened in Brazil will never happen again in the history of F1. No doubt he is quick, but in 2007 please remember that McLaren had imo an illegal car developed using 700+ pages of aero/mech data from Ferrari (and please do not say that this affirmation is not true). In 2008 given that the rules were exactly the same I dont see how LH would have helped McLaren develop the car...I am pretty sure 95% was done already at Woking. In 2009...............he is quick, but I am not that impressed, I am sure he learned a lot from FA during winter testing and 2007 so......
FA - Ferrari is gonna be good, have a feeling it will be sort of like Schumish days. I think Ferrari know that KR is quicker than FM, and that is why I think they let KR go, given the past experience FA had in McLaren. I also think that KR is quicker that FM, but you need to give him a good car otherwise his motivation might go down. my 2 cents...