Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nuno

Re: Alonso - Ferrari - Renault...

LotusF1 wrote:Hamilton lost his first championship because he was stupid, won the second one by luck because I think that what happened in Brazil will never happen again in the history of F1. No doubt he is quick, but in 2007 please remember that McLaren had imo an illegal car developed using 700+ pages of aero/mech data from Ferrari (and please do not say that this affirmation is not true). In 2008 given that the rules were exactly the same I dont see how LH would have helped McLaren develop the car...I am pretty sure 95% was done already at Woking. In 2009...............he is quick, but I am not that impressed, I am sure he learned a lot from FA during winter testing and 2007 so......
FA - Ferrari is gonna be good, have a feeling it will be sort of like Schumish days. I think Ferrari know that KR is quicker than FM, and that is why I think they let KR go, given the past experience FA had in McLaren. I also think that KR is quicker that FM, but you need to give him a good car otherwise his motivation might go down. my 2 cents...
=D> for arguments - not emotions

raceman

xpensive wrote:With the arrival of Alonso, I will now move my sympaties from Renault to Ferrari. A born-again tifosi if you wish.
me on board with you on the ride 8)

Richard

LotusF1 wrote:Hamilton lost his first championship because he was stupid, won the second one by luck because I think that what happened in Brazil will never happen again in the history of F1. No doubt he is quick, but in 2007 please remember that McLaren had imo an illegal car developed using 700+ pages of aero/mech data from Ferrari (and please do not say that this affirmation is not true). In 2008 given that the rules were exactly the same I dont see how LH would have helped McLaren develop the car...I am pretty sure 95% was done already at Woking. In 2009...............he is quick, but I am not that impressed, I am sure he learned a lot from FA during winter testing and 2007 so......
How is that of relevance to Alonso's Renault-Ferrari move?

LotusF1

richard_leeds wrote:
How is that of relevance to Alonso's Renault-Ferrari move?
The whole topic went OT...debating on why Alonso was whining about Lewis in Mecca...I still think FA to Ferrari was an awesome move...just read KR is about to leave F1....?!?!!?!?!?

Timomies

raceman wrote:
xpensive wrote:With the arrival of Alonso, I will now move my sympaties from Renault to Ferrari. A born-again tifosi if you wish.
me on board with you on the ride 8)
I'm with you guys. If 2006 someone would have said that I will cheer for Ferrari, I would lolled so hard :wink:

lebesset

lotus F1 , please explain to me what happened in brazil last year that hasn't happened before in the history of F1
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

LotusF1

lebesset wrote:lotus F1 , please explain to me what happened in brazil last year that hasn't happened before in the history of F1
Massa crossed the line as champ and lewis won 10 seconds later........erm........

Sawtooth-spike

LotusF1 wrote:
lebesset wrote:lotus F1 , please explain to me what happened in brazil last year that hasn't happened before in the history of F1
Massa crossed the line as champ and lewis won 10 seconds later........erm........
No, Massa won the race and Lewis Overtook somebody who took a risk on stratagy in the last lap. There by winning the WDC.

Its not over till the fat lady sings!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

raceman

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
LotusF1 wrote:
No, Massa won the race and Lewis Overtook somebody who took a risk on stratagy in the last lap. There by winning the WDC.

uh-emm

lewis did not overtake anybody on that very final lap..... Timo spun with his TF108 on slick tyres on wet track at the final turn that "allowed" lewis to take the position and required darn points

correct me if wrong

Sawtooth-spike

He drove past him. Thats called overtaking.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

lebesset

I am always amazed that this brazil race keeps coming up
I don't have a video of this race ...does anyone know what position glock was in when he decided NOT to change tyres , and what position hamilton was in when he DID decide to change?

in other words , did glock gain from his decision ? did hamilton gain ...or maybe he just took the safest line
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Richard

Sawtooth-spike wrote:He drove past him. That's called overtaking.
Interesting philosophical debate on the nature of "overtaking", but OT?

Why does Lewis seem to feature in every thread this last few days? I wouldn't be surprised if his name was mentioned in the Sauber thread ....

Sawtooth-spike

I know, I am sorry, i should not of rised to the bate.

I still dont think Alonso will get on with Massa.

sdimm

As someone before me said I´ve also been a Alonso/Renault fan when F1 got intresting again in 05 with someone else winning 8)

So as for me I will now over the winter go through the process of becoming a Ferrari fan. Or screw it I´ve been a fan this whole season, Renault have forgotten how to make a brilliant rear end like 04-06 :)

Go Ferrari and Go Alonso!
// Mattias

--------------------------

siskue2005

raceman wrote:
Sawtooth-spike wrote:
LotusF1 wrote:

uh-emm

lewis did not overtake anybody on that very final lap..... Timo spun with his TF108 on slick tyres on wet track at the final turn that "allowed" lewis to take the position and required darn points

correct me if wrong
Timo was on slick tyres on wet track and was driving very slowly in the last lap
and Lewis and Kubica overtook him into the last corner
He didnot spin.