Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Re: Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

747heavy wrote:AFAIK tire warmers are being banned next year anyway, as it stands now.
That plan was to have been introduced along with refueling ban year but was ditched by drivers.

FW17

raymondu999

They're testing at Mugello using the TF109 Toyota, with Nick Heidfeld, and then tests at Jerez and Monza. Why Monza though? I don't quite get it.

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6313 ... F1-testing
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Midnight-34

Pirelli will test at Mugello tomorrow, then Jerez
In september Monza and Le Castellet

http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=28527&cat=1

Dukeage

They're probably testing at Monza because they want somewhere high speed.

imightbewrong

Some pictures of the test:

Man, that car looks awesome in black and white!

ESPImperium

Would like to know how many laps they did arround Mugello today!!!

747heavy

=D> =D> =D>
nice work - thank you
BTW: interesting rear wing endplate design
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

imightbewrong

747heavy wrote:=D> =D> =D>
nice work - thank you
BTW: interesting rear wing endplate design
They used it during the 2009 season:

ringo

Heidfeld must feel relieved, having not driven for so long. =D>
For Sure!!

Gilles 27

Wow, this tires looks round and black! :D

I hope Pirelli will have more courage to develop Innovative Tyres construction.

WhiteBlue

Gilles 27 wrote:I hope Pirelli will have more courage to develop Innovative Tyres construction.
I doubt that they are really much interested in the 13" format. Remember that they will only run those for two years before they are supposed to switch to 18" in 2013.

It is interesting that Heidfeld who is currently the president of the GPDA will test the Pirelli tyres. That should help the driver organization to some advance knowledge.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

strad

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

Look...lets go real slow...I think you're being naive. What's so bad about that? I wish I was still childlike and innocent.
If you think I'm a bastard,,,that's ok too.
BUT .. You have to think about it..These people will throw races,,crash on purpose...Every team on the grid cheats in some way or by the admitted standards of the others involveds definition,,they're not trying hard enough..The finicial side is a huge money laundering scheme where by NOBODY knows how much they make, mostly for the sole purpose of avoiding taxes and getting rich. Bernie and Max the founding fathers were both used vehichle salesmen and we all know how many morals they have..Down to Max selling a racecar as new that was totally worn out and a year old...
And you don't think Nick would share information to help friends and ex employers that can offer him his dreams????
Come On
Back on Topic...Yes I think having Nick test the tires will give Mercedes an advantage...Between the tires and a car designed for Mike..I think they will have a very good year,,,NEXT YEAR
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

CHT
CHT

Wonder if this move by NH is going to give Merc a head start on car development for next year. :)

marcush.

without a doubt it is a massive advantage for HRT,as the tyres are developped to suit a toyota chassis that contains already the 2010 rearend...!!!
Kolles and Willis must be beaming right now a very good incentive to attract sponsorship KNOWING their car suits the tyres..they have really struck a deal there.

Remember that this test mule will probably receive no changes whatsoever ,apart from the weight distribution reshuffle to the mandatory one for 2011..so the suspension
kinematics and philosophy will be ideally suited to the pirelli tyres,a clear advantage.

how would they make full tank testing? fill up the tank with tungsten? :mrgreen:
Last edited by marcush. on 18 Aug 2010, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.