Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

There is no data to steal really. How is nick Heidfield, a human being going to generate performance graphs? Even he had somehow stolen the graphs and data, the most he can do is give a team or teams the data prematurely, because all the teams are going to get the data anyways. who knows, the data he collects now might not even apply next year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

imightbewrong

Re: Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

raymondu999 wrote:Interesting. If it was the new GP2 car, it would be a bit slower and would treat the tyres differently, no? And it wouldn't have the size to accomodate an F1 engine, I don't think. Also, the new GP2 car is in many respects similar to the HRT. Wouldn't it almost benefit HRT? And since when did Dallara come in the mix? I thought they stuck with the fact that they were using the TF109?

Having said that, didn't HRT claim they'd buy the old TOyota team?
The GP2 cars will use the same tires as F1 next year:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 81809.html

Phillyred

The teams will all get a chance to sample the tires come the end of the season in November so..

Giblet

Regardless of your view NH cheating is not a foregone conclusion it's just an opinion until it becomes fact. Stating the sane thing over and over and expecting different results is not going to help your argument. Innocent until guilty :/
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

aral

imightbewrong wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Interesting. If it was the new GP2 car, it would be a bit slower and would treat the tyres differently, no? And it wouldn't have the size to accomodate an F1 engine, I don't think. Also, the new GP2 car is in many respects similar to the HRT. Wouldn't it almost benefit HRT? And since when did Dallara come in the mix? I thought they stuck with the fact that they were using the TF109?

Having said that, didn't HRT claim they'd buy the old TOyota team?
The GP2 cars will use the same tires as F1 next year:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 81809.html
The car running today was the GP2 car. There are numerous differences. (t is totally logical to test the tyres under various parameters, as the tyres will be used on both formulae next year. The chassis is built by Dallara, so it is obvious that it would look similar to the HRT. But as you know, there is now NO link between HRT and Dallara.

strad

[...]
Just for the record...How do you think such things were done BEFORE there were sensors and graphs and electronic data? It came from the driver,,thats where.
Last edited by Steven on 19 Aug 2010, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Respect your fellow forum members please
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

ESPImperium wrote:Would like to know how many laps they did arround Mugello today!!!
65 laps.

godlameroso

Anyone got any news on what kind of lap times are coming out of the tires?
Saishū kōnā

aral

Further to the photos below, showing a GP2 car on Pirellis. The driver was in fact Ben Hanley, who had previously done some testing of these tyres, BEFORE Pirelli were confirmed as F1 tyre suppliers.

audifan

maybe I am the only one to think that bridgestone have done F1 no favours this season

it is clear that the tyre construction / compounds have been far too conservative ...according to ant davidson the hardest compound would probably do 2 complete races , and webbo showed what is possible on softer tyres

the result has been ...everyone on the same strategy , start soft , then hard

personally I would like to see alternative strategies being possible ......2 stoppers for the flat out brigade , one stop possible for a driver who nursed the tyres ; perhaps a choice between 2 and 3 stops at a track like montreal ; the great drivers of the past like fangio and clark could manage both styles ....surely the mark of the all time great is to be able to adapt to the winning style on that particular track

pirelli are on record as saying they will go for a conservative strategy ...question is ...is their definition of conservative the same as bridgestone's ?

WhiteBlue

I hope they go for harder tyres than Bridgestone and that F1 ultimately uses tyres optimized for on track passing with a minimum of marbles instead of searching for elusive stop strategies.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

Dreaming of sustainable enough tyres that together with a low downforce setup, will see cars powersliding around Monte Carlo...just dreaming of course.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

raymondu999

I just remembered. Back in 08/09 (I forgot which) didn't Heidfeld struggle with tyre warmup on the front tyres? Would that in the end create a more oversteery car with a more aggressive front end though? Given the way Heidfeld treats his tyres, his turn in and driving style, how does everyone think the balance will be more tail happy, or more understeery?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo

raymondu999 wrote:I just remembered. Back in 08/09 (I forgot which) didn't Heidfeld struggle with tyre warmup on the front tyres? Would that in the end create a more oversteery car with a more aggressive front end though? Given the way Heidfeld treats his tyres, his turn in and driving style, how does everyone think the balance will be more tail happy, or more understeery?
I had impression that he likes aggressive fronts.