F1 teams do read this site!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rifrafs2kees

Re: F1 teams do read this site!!

Xpensive, I will really appreciate it if you would keep your sceptism to yourself. Goony must be a masterful liar or optimistic employee to have divulged such information. He may not understand what he talked about but it's very likely he worked for Macca. For Goony, I wish you well, and I hope you show sound judgement if you do get a job in F1 again. Goodluck mate...as you guys would say it.

Ciro Pabón

Some posts in this thread were erased. I cannot believe there is envy even in the misfortunes of others. Oh, well, I can believe it.
Ciro

Richard

Ciro Pabón wrote:Some posts in this thread were erased. I cannot believe there is envy even in the misfortunes of others. Oh, well, I can believe it.
=D> thanks

xpensive

Good Lord, censorship now...perhaps the guy worked for McLaren afterall?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:Good Lord, censorship now...perhaps the guy worked for McLaren afterall?

Xpensive, there are other values in life exceeding the objective of appearing to be cool or superior. Sometimes we want to be human or just be applying solidarity.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

I agree WB, superior people are so obnoxious, always trying to disguise their opinions as facts.

Ciro Pabón

xpensive wrote:Good Lord, censorship now...perhaps the guy worked for McLaren afterall?
I think many are sorry to hear what happened to goony, either way.
Ciro

xpensive

Ciro,
If goony was indeed working for McLaren, I agree that being terminated for reasons of breaching a confidentiality agreement is serious indeed, when things like that can be a stigma on your resume for a long time.

But now and again he claimed he was just working for Pizza Xpress, so what are you supposed to believe? Besides, the concept of a Mclaren employee publishing pics from his workplace on F1T, is a bit far out even for a conspiratory mind like mine.

Ciro Pabón

Yeah, we already got that.

Let me guess: it was a ploy by McLaren to throw off Ferrari.
Ciro

xpensive

I'm not so sure, but unless you've noticed Ciro, there has been a few xamples of people using this great forum to portray themselves as very important individuals, with a divine insight as to what's really going on in F1?
Last edited by xpensive on 23 Nov 2009, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

Ciro Pabón

Ok, what about another Wilde quote? "Philosophy teaches us to bear with equanimity the misfortunes of others".

EDIT: Well, x, you know we try to repeat once and again that we do not believe in authority, as an engineering principle. No ipse dixit.
Ciro

xpensive

In all honesty, I believe that if this goony was fired from McLaren for what he claims, F1T should have heard from Woking.

Perhaps Steve did?

Ciro Pabón

We work in curious ways: on one hand, I think he wouldn't tell me; on the other hand, I wouldn't believe an e-mail from Woking.
Ciro

xpensive

Of course not, you would pick up the phone to have it confirmed directly by Martin Whitmarsh?

flynfrog

People who think they are better than every one sure annoy the hell of us that are.