do you think button made a mistake to go to mclaren?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ringo

Re: do you think button made a mistake to go to mclaren?

vall wrote:
myurr wrote:Totally agree - in many ways as long as Button has a solid season not too far behind Hamilton then it will be job done. No one is really expecting him to beat Lewis, so he can only gain from doing so but not really lose should he match everyone's expectations.
Button thinks he will beat him :) I will also not be shocked if that happens
Well i would, he has 19 races with the same car as Hamilton. I don't think 2009 may have changed Button as a driver at all, maybe gave him a confidence boost, but outside of that I don't know what can give him an edge.

Well he has 3 years to try, so good luck to him.
For Sure!!

Rob W

Rob W wrote:
lebesset wrote:McL have a history of equal treatment for both drivers , trouble with alonso was he expecting...
No they don't. They have a history of saying they do.
McLaren start 2010's PR campaign early.
The McLaren hierarchy have once again maintained that Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton will receive equal treatment at the team, with Martin Whitmarsh the one toeing the line this time....

...Martin Whitmarsh has moved to quash such rumours by categorically stating that the team intend to treat the two drivers equally.

..."My job will be to make sure that both Jenson and Lewis not only have the very best tools to do the job, but can also prosper and flourish in an environment that supports them both equally,".
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 78,00.html

mrk189
mrk189

Does anyone here watch Top Gear? If it is a sign of things to come, Button is in for a rude awakening. In the laps they did on Top Gear, Hamilton beat Button's lap with ease while driving on a soaking wet track while Button was in the dry...good luck jenso
You don't need a licence to drive a sandwich

ringo

All in a reasonably priced car. :lol:
For Sure!!

ISLAMATRON

Just imagine how bad he'll destroy him in a very expensive car.

PlatinumZealot

Button is standing next to a mountain.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Pandamasque

Well then the mountain is lucky that Ben Collins isn't in F1 cause in TopGear world he's the king and will always be :wink:

ringo

1. 1:44.4 – The Stig (II)
2. 1:44.6 – Nigel Mansell
3. 1:44.7 – Jenson Button (Hot)
4. 1:44.7 – Lewis Hamilton (Wet & Oily)
5. 1:46.0 – The Stig (I)
6. 1:46.3 – Damon Hill
7. 1:47.1 – Mark Webber (Very wet)
8. DNF - 'Michael Schumacher'

HOT :Track surface or car performance affected by high temperature or humidity -2 seconds
Mildly moist: (MM) / Damp (D) Track surface slightly damp after light rain or drizzle -2 seconds
Wet: (W) / Melted snow (MS) Track surface wet due to light rain or melted snow -4 seconds
Very wet: (VW) Track surface wet (with large puddles) due to heavy rain -6 seconds

corrected:

1. 1:40.7 – Lewis Hamilton
2. 1:41.1 – Mark Webber
3. 1:42.7 – Jenson Button
4. 1:44.4 – The Stig (II)
5. 1:44.6 – Nigel Mansell
6. 1:46.0 – The Stig (I)
7. 1:46.3 – Damon Hill

:wink:
For Sure!!

Richard
Richard

ringo wrote:1. 1:44.4 – The Stig (II)
Were they all in the same reasonably priced car? They do change it every couple of years.

Fil

With Lewis receiving updates often a race weekend in advance of his teammate in 2009, it'll be interesting what McLaren do in 2010.
Their '09 method of shipping over their first production model straight away helped their aggressive development, and Lewis' pace, but mismatched the cars heavily.

If both drivers will honestly be given the same machinery at all weekends, i would assume the team's development will be slowed compared to last year
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

gibells
gibells

richard_leeds wrote:
ringo wrote:1. 1:44.4 – The Stig (II)
Were they all in the same reasonably priced car? They do change it every couple of years.
Nope, for the F1 drivers at least. It's a Suzuki Liana, which is the original. I understand they have a few of them and they keep them well maintained for the race drivers. A few years back the main 'Star in a reasonably priced car' car was changed to a Chevrolet(nee Daewoo) Lacetti. Stars who top that table are Jay Kay and Simon Cowell, I think.

raceman

Fil wrote:With Lewis receiving updates often a race weekend in advance of his teammate in 2009, it'll be interesting what McLaren do in 2010.
Their '09 method of shipping over their first production model straight away helped their aggressive development, and Lewis' pace, but mismatched the cars heavily.

If both drivers will honestly be given the same machinery at all weekends, i would assume the team's development will be slowed compared to last year
+1