Scuderia Toro Rosso - The other new team.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JoeE
JoeE

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso - The other new team.

I hope STR do at least a half decent job of building there own car, get sold on a high note rather than floating around the back of the grid

StrFerrari4Ever

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 22502.html

Some facts from the report:
  • Toro Rosso doubled the number of factory halls from 3 to 6
  • Team headcount grew from 80 - 257, 60 of those for the new season
  • The wind tunnel for STR is in Bicester with 25 staff (included in the 60)
  • STR has already passed several crash tests and has crashed more than 2 mil € worth of components
  • Every component is now developed, manufactured or purchased independently
This fills me with optmism for the coming season there's many people on F1 forums who always seem to give STR a bollocking(excuse my language) but I'm actually looking forward to seeing them build and race their own car.
During the latter part of this season they began to understand the STR4 more and seemed to be able to have very quick one lap pace especially with Buemi so hopefully they can use some of their data and information from the STR4 to implement onto their STR5.
Here's hoping they'll be on the pace [-o<
PS:Mateschitz stop being a prick and let STR compete forget the bullcrap about Red Bull Young Drivers Programme let them show their talent instead of just letting the Senior Team get all the glory.
Berger was serious about making them a good team but Mateschitz wouldn't allow it because he wanted to avoid embarrasment for RBR like in 08'.
In My Opinion that's lacking balls , so in future if STR get bought out by a good buyer then I'd want them to be competetive so they can show up Mateschitz!

wesley123
wesley123

I started thinking just a few minutes ago, do the rules say you have to design your own car, or you have to build your own car? in last case they can simply show up once again with Red Bulls car, as long as they build the components by themselves.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Saribro
Saribro

IIRC the rules mention owning the intellectual property, which would imply design, not manufacturing.