Bernie doesn't expect Campos or USF1 to race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: Bernie doesn't expect Campos or USF1 to race

WhiteBlue wrote:
Raptor22 wrote: word in the paddock is that he is tring to put pressure on them to sign drivers since we still have a few sitting on the sidelines. And these have personal endorsement / sponsorships that bring in money.
I'm curious what paddock is in operation the day before Xmas? :wink:
Dear Lord WB, where did you learn to spell like that? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard

This is quite normal for Mr E. He like to keep the heat up to ensure people know he's boss. What he is doing with the new teams is no different to what he does with circuits.

As for accusations of anti-US bias, we all know Mr E is as mercenary as can be. Its just that the US has never brought in as much cash as other markets. As the saying goes, he'd happily sell his grandmother for the right price.

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Raptor22 wrote: word in the paddock is that he is tring to put pressure on them to sign drivers since we still have a few sitting on the sidelines. And these have personal endorsement / sponsorships that bring in money.
Spelling? Must have been in third or fourth grade half a century ago. :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Raptor22

xpensive wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:

posted the day before Christmas, but information thats been floating about for more than a month.
Its no secret that Bernie is extremely concerned about these new teams and would like to see more communication from them.
He is just using his skills honed as used car saleman to put some pressure on them. A rather shtty tactic.

WhiteBlue

Raptor22 wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
posted the day before Christmas, but information thats been floating about for more than a month.
The last time we had an F1 paddock in operation was at the Yas Marina race. I have my doubts that there are many posters on this forum beside Scarbs who could bring us those words from the horses mouth. I was wondering if you are part of the travelling F1 circus to use such expressions. They create an air of authenticity which may or may not be deserved.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mr Alcatraz

Disgraced former Renault F1 pilot Nelson Piquet Jr appears to have earned a reprieve following claims that he will form half of an all-Brazilian line-up at Formula One newcomer Campos Meta.

According to Spanish website motor21.com, the 24-year old has inked a three-year deal with the former GP2 Series team that will see him partner former sparring partner Bruno Senna in the top flight - but only after his father, three-time F1 world champion Nelson Sr, took a 15 per cent stake in Adrian Campos nascent operation. That deal, plus the support of several Brazilian companies keen to capitalise on the team's line-up, proved to be the key in seeing off rival bids from former Campos GP2 regular Vitaly Petrov and erratic Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29122009/ ... eturn.html

Well what do you know. It looks like Senior is going to bankroll Jr's return.
How they can even consider letting this spineless cheater on the track stinks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYknK5WHj5o[/youtube]
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

pipex

Tazio, it seems that information is not true because yesterday was Spain's equivalent to "April Fools". From what i understand it was a joke from motor21.com... :wink:
"We will have to wait and see".

Mr Alcatraz

pipex wrote:Tazio, it seems that information is not true because yesterday was Spain's equivalent to "April Fools". From what i understand it was a joke from motor21.com... :wink:
thanks pi'x, i really took the bait on that one! :roll: :oops: :lol:
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 29 Dec 2009, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Raptor22

WhiteBlue wrote:
The last time we had an F1 paddock in operation was at the Yas Marina race. I have my doubts that there are many posters on this forum beside Scarbs who could bring us those words from the horses mouth. I was wondering if you are part of the travelling F1 circus to use such expressions. They create an air of authenticity which may or may not be deserved.

Or the poster has in the past been a member of the traveling circus who has maintained direct contact with people currently in the circus.

You are of course entitled to your skepticism..

pipex

Tazio wrote: thanks pi'x, i really took the bait on that one! :roll: :oops: :lol:
Yahoo/Crash.net surely took the bait too hahaha :lol:
We are all looking for the latest little bit of information 8)
"We will have to wait and see".