Stefan GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Callum

Re: Stefan GP

In the picture of the man standing beside the large blade

http://209.85.135.132/search?q=cache:WG ... en&ct=clnk

Has 'AMCO' been photshopped in?!

manchild

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=359365
Stefan GP slams negative media reports

Date 2010-03-05

By Motorsport.com/GMM

Without mentioning its failure to be granted an official entry to race in 2010, the Serbian outfit Stefan GP on Friday slammed reports that questioned the credentials of its parent company AMCO.

In two separate reports, the Cologne newspaper Express this week questioned AMCO's claims that it worked with Germany's Federal Defence Force (Bundeswehr) on flight drones and contributed to the European Space Agency's orbit launch rocket Ariane 5.

Zoran Stefanovich-led Stefan GP reacted by insisting that the reports are "not founded on facts but on speculation and bad translation".

However, the English language statement was headlined as an "official demanti". 'Demanti' is not an English-language word, but in some languages it translates as 'denial'.

Stefan denies claiming it was involved in the construction of the German military drones.

"The correct information is that one of our engineers was involved in a construction of an engine for a German company, the buyer, which turned out to be for an unmanned aircraft," said the team.

"We never stated nor did we ever imply that we worked with Bundeswehr in any form or way."

Stefan added that it has "no idea" how it was linked with the other companies named in the first Express report, which referred to photographs published on its company website.

"Illustration about capabilities of our personnel in Serbia was misunderstood and maliciously used for sensationalist journalism. Such construction of facts can only be aimed to discredit us and all the others mentioned," said the team.

Stefan GP insists that it did produce "parts for the Ariane V rocket".
http://www.stefangp.com/denial.html
05/03/2010
On behalf of the AMCO Corporation we would like to make the following statement:

The German newspapers Express published an article that is not founded on facts but on speculation and bad translation.

The AMCO Corporation never stated anywhere that "it cooperated with the German Federal Defense Forces (Bundeswehr) on a production of an unmanned aircraft". The correct information is that one of our engineers was involved in a construction of an engine for a German company, the buyer, which turned out to be for an unmanned aircraft. We never stated nor did we ever imply that we worked with Bundeswehr in any form or way. Furthermore we have no idea how we were brought in context with the other German companies with whom we had no contacts at all. Illustration about capabilities of our personnel in Serbia was misunderstood and maliciously used for sensationalist journalism. Such construction of facts can only be aimed to discredit us and all the others mentioned.

On the other hand, our people should be recognized for producing parts for the ARIANE V rocket, seven years ago by our company in Serbia. We are very proud of this fact.

The demanti have been published in the German media.

AMCO Corporation
PR department

Google cashed thumbnail of image they've deleted, with Luftwaffe insignia on drone wings.
Last edited by manchild on 05 Mar 2010, 20:14, edited 2 times in total.

xpensive

How did Toyota get itself in bed with these guys?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

The FOZ

Callum wrote:In the picture of the man standing beside the large blade

The caption:
We are all looking for green and healthier way to substitute fossil fuels, and use natural recourses AMCO start manufacturing wind generators. This sector we are developing fast.

manchild

Callum wrote:Has 'AMCO' been photshopped in?!
http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?s ... &start=294
http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=124915&st=294&start=294 wrote:according to JPEGsnoop, which is basically an image processing and analyzing software, the image displayed on AMCO' page, on which a wind mil component with AMCO written on it is pictured has been digitally processed

Also i would like to support my claim with this

Signature: 01C26040DB5181BA3B5CD7A813FAD209
Signature (Rotated): 01C26040DB5181BA3B5CD7A813FAD209
File Offset: 0 bytes
Chroma subsampling: 1x1
EXIF Make/Model: NONE
EXIF Makernotes: NONE
EXIF Software: NONE

Searching Compression Signatures: (3327 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software EXIF.Model Quality Subsamp Match?
------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------- --------------
SW :[Adobe Photoshop ] [Save For Web 060]

NOTE: Photoshop IRB detected
Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

xpensive

The entire AMCO (a name probably derived from a rather well-known US oil company) website is simply embarassing.
Hakkinnen-English together with blurry photos, which my 11-year old would would do better with his cell-phone.

Again; How did Toyota get itself in bed with these clowns?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

manchild

Arianespace denies AMCO claims too! :lol:

http://www.express.de/sport/motorsport/ ... index.html
http://www.express.de wrote:Immer dubioser

Toyota: Hochstapler trickst weiter

Von OLIVER REUTER

Stefanovic' Firma AMCO behauptet, Teile für die Ariane 5 zu fertigen. Leider falsch.

Das Geschäftsumfeld des vorgeblichen Toyota-Retters Zoran Stefanovic wird immer dubioser.

Erst musste seine serbische Firma AMCO die Behauptung unterlassen, den Motor für Bundeswehr-Drohnen entwickelt zu haben. Jetzt enthüllt EXPRESS: AMCO baut auch keine Teile für Europas Weltraum-Rakete Ariane 5, wie auf der Internetseite behauptet.

Bei der europäischen Gemeinschaftsfirma Arianespace ist man entsetzt. Sprecher Mario Delepine zum EXPRESS: „Nach sorgfältiger Durchsicht aller Zulieferer-Listen können wir keine Verbindung unseres Hauses mit der serbischen Firma AMCO feststellen. Sie hat weder irgendetwas mit dem Erfolgsprojekt Ariane 5 noch allgemein mit uns als dem Weltmarktführer auf dem Gebiet der Startdienstleister zu tun.“

Sein Kollege Dr. Franz-Josef Spaunhorst deutet eine Klage an: „Man wird die geeigneten Maßnahmen ergreifen, solche Behauptungen zu unterbinden.“ Stefanovic selbst spricht im Fall der Bundeswehr-Drohnen von „Missverständnissen“ und „entschuldigt sich“. Kein Trost für die vielen Ex-Toyota-Mitarbeiter, die an sein Formel-1-Projekt geglaubt hatten.
babelfish translation wrote:Ever more dubiously

Toyota: Hochstapler continues to cheat

Of OLIVE REUTER

Stefanovic' Company AMCO stated to manufacture parts for the Ariane 5. Unfortunately wrongly.

The business surrounding field of the alleged Toyota rescuer Zoran Stefanovic becomes ever more dubious. Only its Serbian company AMCO had to omit the statement the engine for German Federal Armed Forces drones to have developed. Now EXPRESS reveals: AMCO builds also no parts for of Europe space rocket Ariane 5, how states on the Internet site. At the European community company Arianespace one is frightened. Speaker Mario Delepine to the EXPRESS: „After careful examination of all supplier lists we cannot determine a connection of our house with the Serbian company AMCO. She has to still generally do neither something with the success project Ariane 5 with us as the world market leader in the area of the Startdienstleister. “ His colleague Dr. Franz Josef Spaunhorst suggests a complaint: „One will seize the suitable measures to prevent such statements. “Stefanovic speaks in the case of the German Federal Armed Forces drones of „misunderstandings “and „apologizes “. No comfort for the many ex Toyota-coworkers, whom in its Formel-1-Projekt had believed.

Callum

haha.. Under the tab "our culture" I found this:

"Rule number 2- DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR ANYTHING,
just look at our actions and you will get the best picture"

I think the FIA have done well by not taking their word!

kalinka

Callum wrote:haha.. Under the tab "our culture" I found this:

"Rule number 2- DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR ANYTHING,
just look at our actions and you will get the best picture"

I think the FIA have done well by not taking their word!
I live in Serbia. I am not Serb, but hungarian, but I can confirm this,because I know this culture very well :)
To be honest, I would be surprised if FIA didn't found anything suspicious about this company. In this country everybody with lot of money is suspicious. I'm kinda expecting this story...But I'm dissapointed too, because it would be a great thing to have one Serbian team in F1. A REAL, honest and not FAKE team...

jon-mullen

Callum wrote:In the picture of the man standing beside the large blade

LOL, that drop shadow effect is a dead giveaway. F^@#ing amateurs.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

il-Vec

The really tough question now, which several have already pointed out, is why in hell did Toyota mess with these guys?

I start to ask myself "did Toyota REALLY sell the team to these guys?"
They must have, otherwise the deal would've been denied long ago.

If they did, why these guys? I'm sure there would've been plenty of people interested in buying a whole structure (facilities + staff + cars). The fact that they made a deal with such a dubious enterprise does not bode well AT ALL for Toyota as a company...

raceman

Zoran Stefanovic hasn't given up yet.....

Stefan GP considers USF1 takeover

As USF1's entry was cancelled by the FIA, I don't think SGP will have any chance to come in this year on the grid, but hey, this man has patience!!! He is still playing his cards......

will he or won't he??

marcush.

raceman wrote:Zoran Stefanovic hasn't given up yet.....

Stefan GP considers USF1 takeover

As USF1's entry was cancelled by the FIA, I don't think SGP will have any chance to come in this year on the grid, but hey, this man has patience!!! He is still playing his cards......

will he or won't he??

this was already ruled out by FIA with starting the new tender.

it is too little too late,they had a window of opportunity weeks ago but could not step over their egos or partial loss of reality ,who knows.
I´d be surprised if either of those two got even accepted to compete for the 2011 decision.
It is definitively not back to square one for Anderson nor for stefanovic.

What on earth was so complicated to realise? stefanovic had secured the right to
field the Toyotas ,realistically the only option to be in bahrain ,after Carabante
took over from Campos and the Dallara assets were from the market.so it was a money and minority shareholding thing ..they argued over ...pure ego .They both got the kick and rightly so.

ESPImperium

Reason that he is looking at USF1 is simply because the "Deal" more like Memorandum he had with Toyota (TMG) was for entry and acceptance into the 2010 championship. To whitch they never made it, so the S-01 reverts back to being known as the TF110 and the ZR-01 engines become the RVX-09 engines again.

Toyota regains full IP back, as well as being able to boot Stefan GP, who were working in a small dingy office, out of Cologne.

The Toyota TF110 will be one of the better cars that will never race, probably about the current Williams/Renault area, always on the Q2 bubble. Probably arround 8th to 12th in the hands of decent drivers, probably slightly higher with better driving tallent.