The race-fix case of Briatore and Symonds versus the FIA

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: The race-fix case of Briatore and Symonds versus the FIA

WhiteBlue wrote: The pimp will come back!
I think the above is rather offensive language, why I cannot understand why the moderators allow it. Disgusting.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

We are supposed to respect our fellow forumers, which is a good rule. According to Ciro we can voice any opinion about other persons than members of this forum however we like. I like to call Briatore a pimp because that is what he is. If he were a member here I would be nice and call him Briatore which is an equally bad name as pimp.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

Could very well be that Ciro harbors such sentiments, but in my world there is also an understanding of what is appropriate or not, calling a former team manager a pimp in size 200 belongs to my mind to the latter.

If you can get away with that, I can imagine some rather outrageous name-callings in the future;
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 13 Apr 2010, 18:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

mcdenife

autogyro wrote:I tell you what, you imagine you are the manager of a Singapore Taxi company and you admit to being responsible for a driver driving one of your taxis and crashing on purpose into a wall and see how many years you would be doing in a Singapore jail.
I cant imagine myself spending seconds let alone years in jail unless you are implying the singaporean legal system is suspect, but thats not the point is it? The FIA has been given room to manouvre or backtrack and save face (ie not look incompetent sorry not look too incompetent).

On a side note
xpensive wrote:I think the above is rather offensive language, why I cannot understand why the moderators allow it. Disgusting.
It seems our moderators dont understand that language can be offensive even without offensive words.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

xpensive

mcdenife wrote: On a side note
xpensive wrote:I think the above is rather offensive language, why I cannot understand why the moderators allow it. Disgusting.
It seems our moderators dont understand that language can be offensive even without offensive words.
This will be interesting to follow mac.

Giblet

You guys know that this forum is one of the highest indexed in a google search right? Typing "MS" and "C--- S------" in google will put us at the top of the page. Not good for or respectful to the forum. By definition Flav is not a not a purveyor of ladies of the night, and MS does not perform anything untoward on other men. We are ever so slightly better than this.

But personal opinions of us aside, I find it interesting that Flavio admits zero personal guilt in this. In the trades, if you are presented with a mistake that can you cost you money with no proof of your wrong doing, "Deny, deny, deny".
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:If you can get away with that, I can imagine some rather outrageous name-callings in the future;
Do as you please. Nobody will take you serious. The reason Briatore is called a pimp is because he behaves like one. He is notorious for baiting sponsors with the offer to get them free sex with pit babes. He publicly complained that models nowadays are too expensive to get laid. In his opinion no more than a dinner and a bottle of champagne should be spend.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 13 Apr 2010, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited qoute.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive

Look WB, it was not made to be taken serious, I'm just trying to get a hold on what is improper and not, calling a team manager who helped Michael Schumacher to two WDC's a pimp is to my mind improper. So is spreading unproven rumours of the same man's promotional activities. And so is calling Michael a C-S.

Can you at least think about it?

WhiteBlue

I usually try to not hurt people's feelings. So I will be less vocal with my opinion on Briatore but I will not change it.

WhiteBlue

myurr wrote:
Jean Todt wrote:There was an indisputable fact and there was proof - so much so that there was just a single vote against at the World Council. I will propose that the team managers, too, will have a licence."
Requiring Team bosses to hold an FIA license is not a step forward for accountability, it's a way for the FIA to avoid little details such as giving said team bosses a fair trial. I sincerely hope that Todt backs down from this and instead addresses the need for truly independent due process within the FIA itself.
FiA WMSC wrote:“Competitor’s staff” FIA Licence

A proposal relating to specific licences for members of staff of competitors entered in the FIA World Championships has been submitted to the Formula One Commission. This is under consideration for implementation in the FIA Formula One World Championship from the start of 2011, with a view to inclusion in other FIA World Championships in the future.
I'm glad that this is now being actioned. Anybody pulling stunts like Briatore and Symmonds will have their licenses pulled directly. No indirect punishments via other licensees will give the FiA any problems. Justice will be quick and swiftly.

autogyro

+1
F1 is not a democracy or a conventional court of law.
We do not want race fixers or criminals involved with our sport.

timbo

autogyro wrote:We do not want race fixers or criminals involved with our sport.
But do we want dictator to have a working mechanism of throwing opposition from the sport?

autogyro

timbo wrote:
But do we want dictator to have a working mechanism of throwing opposition from the sport?
There are no dictators in the FIA and there never have been.
If you know different please be more specific.

timbo

autogyro wrote:
timbo wrote:
There are no dictators in the FIA and there never have been.
If you know different please be more specific.
Last edited by Steven on 25 Jun 2010, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to stir the pot ;)

WhiteBlue

For me the issue is about the race fixing case and it's consequences. Jean Todt has reacted to criticism and has separated the investigation and disciplinary procedure from the WMSC.

Now he has done the second step and has created the proper licensing structures that empowers the governing body to pull the privileges of cheaters and thugs.

It is a simple necessity to protect the sport from criminal elements that would otherwise use legal loop holes to escape punishment and do further damage.

Those who think that Briatore wasn't responsible for the race fixing have the satisfaction that he escaped his punishment and got a special deal. Those who believe that he was guilty of race fixing can be happy that he will probably never get a license again.

Personally I also hope that the FiA will prevent the commercial side of the sport to fall into his hands. It would boggle the mind to imagine what such a man could do to the sport. Ecclestone is bad enough with his exploitation but he is at least a man of his word. Briatore is a convicted criminal who cannot be trusted.