2010 Winter Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ringo

Re: 2010 Winter Testing Thread

Yeah man, i know, i should have said it the way you did, but i didn't want to say anything negative about Button. The team needs harmony in the garage. :wink:

Switching gears for a sec, I found this about this season and tyres from wise Barichello when asked about the no refueling in the good old days:
I don’t think so. I think that cars were very different [in 1993].

Even though we consider this year that we hve to look after the tyres, in Formula 1 nowadays conserving the tyres is out of the question, you want to go flat out. Testing has been quite intense to try to go flat out all the way though. In ‘93 we were looking after tyres, it was different. I think although it’s only February it’s intense – we’ve been doing 500km, 600km, 700km per day which is not normal.

So I would say it’s different times, the young kids have learned very fast what they need, they’ve been doing starts on high fuel, so I won’t have an advantage at the first race.
Rubens Barrichello
Interesting what he found from the tests. Tyre "caring" speculation is starting to look like it won't hold much weight. I think it's down to the car's inherent mechanical design, and if it's in "bad air", that determines when the tyre's performance falls off.
For Sure!!

horse

Right, look, given it's so late at night, and my boy is getting yet another bashing, I'm going to have to put my hand up an admit to being a Jenson fanboy. I put this down to being about the same age as him and a big fan of the underdog (the combination of Jenson, Rubens and the Brawn team in a dream underdogs come good season was obviously pant wetting wonderful for one such as myself).

Give the poor bloke a chance, ay?

EDIT: I hope you don't think less of me for this confession.
Last edited by horse on 01 Mar 2010, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ISLAMATRON

Poleman wrote:
tk421 wrote: nice shot of 'the boss' from 3:33 to 3:38, doing what he does best (driving incredibly slowly)...the boss is dead, long live THE HAUS!! (Vettel)
Huh? :wtf:
Behold the rantings of a drunk Vettle fan :wink:

I wanna thank the members of this forum for providing us with many colorful graphs and tables which probably had almost no correlation to the true performance of the 2010 racecars. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

enough with the testing... lets get to the racing!

Saribro
Saribro

ISLAMATRON wrote:enough with the testing... lets get to the racing!
Yes please :).

ISLAMATRON

horse wrote:Right, look, given it's so late at night, and my boy is getting yet another bashing, I'm going to have to put my hand up an admit to being a Jenson fanboy. I put this down to being about the same age as him and a big fan of the underdog (the combination of Jenson, Rubens and the Brawn team in a dream underdogs come good season was obviously pant wetting wonderful for one such as myself).

How bout this?... Major parts change/upgrade yesterday with Button and Hamilton reaps the reward of overnight set up changes with the new specification bodywork. Not really fair to compare their times between the 2 days.

That being said THE BOSS still gonna smash him like baby aspirin come Bahrain

horse

ISLAMATRON wrote:THE BOSS still gonna smash him like baby aspirin come Bahrain
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought on track carnage was Schumis job?

(Hami saves it for the pit lane) :mrgreen:
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Giblet
Giblet

horse wrote:Right, look, given it's so late at night, and my boy is getting yet another bashing, I'm going to have to put my hand up an admit to being a Jenson fanboy. I put this down to being about the same age as him and a big fan of the underdog (the combination of Jenson, Rubens and the Brawn team in a dream underdogs come good season was obviously pant wetting wonderful for one such as myself).

Gentle Jenson might have his tires thanking him more than some other drivers. Being a fan of someone doesn't have to mean that you think they are the best.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

horse

Giblet wrote:Being a fan of someone doesn't have to mean that you think they are the best.
Aye, very true. I suppose that's why this year is going to be so interesting. Lots of good drivers in good cars. Very exciting.

myurr
myurr

Giblet wrote:

Gentle Jenson might have his tires thanking him more than some other drivers. Being a fan of someone doesn't have to mean that you think they are the best.
Everyone keeps going on about how good Jenson is at managing his tyres, how smooth he is, etc. but seem to forget that he had his fair share of tyre management issues last year. Remember his rears going off throughout the middle of the year whilst Rubens had no issues?

raceman

sigh

any sound/action from F1 has come to an end now ](*,) until Bahrain!

darn

[-X

long two weeks to go now :-({|=
Last edited by raceman on 01 Mar 2010, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Pedro
Pedro

WhiteBlue wrote:It looks like MSfree is not offering a data record tonight. Real shame because I got used to the service.

http://www.msfree.gr/ms.php?id=11062
If you give me your email, I will send you that recorded laps during final day at Barcelona (in Excel - .xls).
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

ArchAngel

raceman wrote:sigh

any sound/action from F1 has come to an end now ](*,) until Bahrain!

darn

[-X

long two weeks go go now :-({|=
Two weeks within which teams can attempt to come up with a spell that will allow them to magically pull out a rabbit (or aero updates) with six-tenths (or more) out of the hat.

The same two weeks that will allow the anticipation of F1 fans to build up to fever pitch... Hopefully, a bubble not only to be rudely burst by a disappointing snorefest of a no-overtaking parade, where most drivers are hesitant to give it a go for fear of ruining their tyres, and are willing to just hold station and wait for the guy in front to run out of fuel or break down.

:mrgreen:

Pedro
Pedro

Preseasons tests review

Distance covered by teams in all tests:

Distance covered by engine manufacturers:

More info:
F1news.cz http://f1news.cz/novinky/34109-shrnuti- ... imi-testy/
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

antitomm
antitomm

Race simulations compared.

Alonso - Day 2
Lewis - Day 4
Schumacher - Day 4
Vettel - Day 2

Alonso, Lewis and Schumacher on 2 pit stop strategy. Vettel on 1 pitstop strategy.
edit:clearer chart with missing/anomalous laptime replaced with lap prior to it.

Lewis's laptimes around lap 44 increase because he is stuck behind schumacher on track.
Last edited by antitomm on 01 Mar 2010, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.

doopie2you

antitomm wrote:Race simulations compared.

Alonso - Day 2
Lewis - Day 4
Schumacher - Day 4
Vettel - Day 2

Alonso, Lewis and Schumacher on 2 pit stop strategy. Vettel on 1 pitstop strategy.
The Ferrari is very consistunt in the race simulation, but well, what you gonna win with that :mrgreen: If Hamilton takes pole position and drives fast, he can make a big gap, and he have learned to drive on shity tires last year. :mrgreen:
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows