2010 Winter Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: 2010 Winter Testing Thread

WhiteBlue wrote:Lets open the testing month with the information about the participants of the first test to begin on Monday:
Apparently Ferrari's plans have changed!

Felipe Massa will actually drive for two days, on Monday and Tuesday, with Fernando Alonso driving on Wednesday, the final day of the test. This was an option that had already been put forward on the timetable set out by the engineers over the past few weeks: it means that Felipe will be able to provide immediate and detailed feedback in terms of a comparison between the F10 and the F60.
http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pag ... table.aspx
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 31 Jan 2010, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Message by WB erased by request
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:Interesting development! It sounds as if Ferrari feel to be on the back foot. They now switch to Massa in order to evaluate the F10 compared to the F60. Alsoslow can't do that. So Massa must oblige.
I think it hae more to do with bad weather at Fiorano, where Massa was going to shake the F10 down before Valencia.
Having launched their 2010 car, the F10, it Italy on Thursday, Ferrari had intended for Massa to conduct a shakedown of the new car, coinciding with promotional filming for the Scuderia.

However, chilly weather conditions meant the Brazilian was unable to venture out on track as the Fiorano circuit was covered in a layer of ice. Plans to then conduct the shakedown on Friday were also put on hold due to the conditions.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/f1/story/0, ... 56,00.html
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pandamasque

Any pics from today's Virgin Racing shakedown?

mx_tifoso

Virgin will shakedown their new car next Thursday, a day after their online launch.

Sunday in Valencia.

Sorry to be so annoying, but don't we usually have a thread for each individual track where they're testing instead of a single one where its all lumped together?

And this isn't winter testing, it's Pre-Season testing.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Moanlower

With so little time and testmiles during the pre-season tests I wonder how presentative the times will be, and if teams would spend any time sandbagging.
And if they do, would it be beneficial?
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

MattyT

Is there any link to timing for the valencia test?

ESPImperium

MattyT wrote:Is there any link to timing for the valencia test?
F1 Today usually carry a timings/laps & decriptive log feed for the duration of the day.

MattyT

ever since the espn changes to that site it's now impossible to find anything!

robbertmd

Ah, the peace before the storm

WhiteBlue

mx_tifosi wrote: Sorry to be so annoying, but don't we usually have a thread for each individual track where they're testing instead of a single one where its all lumped together?

And this isn't winter testing, it's Pre-Season testing.
I thought about opening a thread just for the first three testing days in Valencia but then it didn't make a lot of sense. With the new FOTA agreement pretty much all teams will attend the same tests. There will not be any Bahrain or Italian tests as we saw in the past. If you don't like the name feel free to make a request for name change to the moderators, I don't mind. I just thought winter testing describes it good enough.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raceman

MattyT wrote:ever since the espn changes to that site it's now impossible to find anything!
quite true

djones

My prediction for today is Rosberg crashes the car in an attempt to set a time MS can't beat in the afternoon.

Dont know why but I can feel it coming :)

timbo

Last year somebody posted a link to the site that posted lap-times info.
Anybody remember?

Fil

or better still, F1-Direct

Then throw it into here, and you've got English live timing with commentary! 8)

Edit: hmm scrub that, F1-Direct is pretty slow in updating times compared to Motor21..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).