Machin's 2010 Car launch... sort of!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
machin

Re: 2010 Car launch... sort of!

2011 launch car! :lol:

New front wing
Pirelli tyres
Paint job!

COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

Tozza Mazza

Re: Machin's 2010 Car launch... sort of!

Hello Machin, lovely car :D , lovely ideas, would like to see it featuring some of the main innovations seen so far in 2011 on the car, such as double floor ala Toro Rosso. I'm doing something similar and am baulking at the idea of doing the engine cover, as it is so complex, ive been putting it off for a while now, you got any tips? :)
TM

machin

Thanks.... My main tip is to construct the car in quite a few different pieces (like a real car)... that way you can make changes to one part without affecting the others....

I wouldn't say my engine cover is that great... but it is composed of three completely separate parts: -the Fin, the "snorkel" and the the lower bit which forms part of the side pod covers. I used the "loft" tool to create the main body of the car, a profile and path to create the snorkel and an extrusion for the fin....

machin

elitewolverine from another thread wrote:man you need to adjust your rendering settings...it would make it tons nicer...

try this, i am using 2.56 right now

go to your world tab, select ambient occlusion, factor .5 and setting multiply.
select enviorment lighting energy .75, and setting sky color (i use a dark grey for my color)

and under gather, use raytrace, distance of 2m, and 12 samples. You can use approximate and its tons tons faster, but raytrace is nicer
This is te problem with Blender... its not very user-friendly: I've selected ambient occlusion, but I can't find "factor" or "multiply", there's a box called "Energy" (but not "environment energy"?), I can't see anything called "gather", but when I selected "ambient occlusion" the option to set distance and samples did crop up, so I set them to 2m and 12 samples as advised and...

...it took an absolute age to render the screen... I actually gave up in the end!

I probably need a new computer.... :lol:

hansengp

hi mate i was looking at your 2011 launch car and it looks amazing just thought you should cheek out this championship - http://www.f1game.tk
am in the championship my self and its great (my teams hansen gp) :D
tell me what you think
Follow Hansen GP on Twitter @HansenPitWall https://twitter.com/HansenPitWall

Part of: http://www.formulasketch.co.uk

machin

The game looks like a lot of fun, but I don't really have the time for constantly updating my model!

Good luck with your team though!

pearsey13

wow great car, i look forward to your updates! keep up the good work :)
Because in a split second, it's gone - Ayrton Senna