Alonso 2010 Champion?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Alonso 2010 Champion?

joeyg02 wrote:Winning a race in the last 2 years renault (which he did twice) is like winning a horse race on foot, i'll bet my right nut alonso has more wins this year than any other driver. He would have won the championship with McLaren in 07 if it wasn't for Ron Dennis and Hamilton being butt-buddies
HE did not win 2 races, he cheated for 1 and lucked into the other... I'll take you up on that bet... What would you like us to use to cut off your right nut?

Are Ron and Lou butt buddies like you and Fred?

wesley123

joeyg02 wrote:Winning a race in the last 2 years renault (which he did twice) is like winning a horse race on foot, i'll bet my right nut alonso has more wins this year than any other driver. He would have won the championship with McLaren in 07 if it wasn't for Ron Dennis and Hamilton being butt-buddies
Yep, Alonso was always being nice and did nothing wrong at all :lol:

No serious, it is all his fault, i mean, why the hell should you even aim your resources at a driver who is openly talking bullshit about his team when hewas getting jaleous? Hamilton proved to be the nicer guy and could work with the team better, so helping such an person is already easier. Alonso should be lucky that he wasnt fired mid season because of his rubbish talk.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

joeyg02

you can cut off my right nut with a rusty butter knife, i'll let the resluts speak for thereself, i don't want anything in return when i win the bet, seeing your prediction make you out to be a dumbass will be plenty for me :D
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

ISLAMATRON

I'd rather not be that close to your nuts(you being Fred's groupie and all) can I just shoot it off with my sw9ve or better yet my .45?

Sambo

IMO....Yes, he's clearly an amazing driver with lots of natural talent, but it's his attitude that sometimes lets him down......I mean just look at his behaviour in 07' at McLaren. I do hope the switch to a competitive team works out for him this time and we can see him fighting for wins again... :)

@ joeyg02 - I can't see how you can say he's going to win the championship just because he posted the quickest time after just one test. The championship is still totally wide open and none of us know how quick any of the cars are until we get to Bahrain, so I think your views are a little premature until then.... #-o

But hey this is just my opinion and feel free to tackle them... :)

joeyg02

my opinion is not based on the time he posted on the third day of testing in valencia, one day of testing means nothing, all the manufacturers haven't even released there 2010 cars, my opinion is based off of his driving talent, and what he managed to do with the p.o.s. that renault had him in the past two years, the last decent car he had which was the mclaren in 07 and he finished within 10 points of the championship, and he won two championships before that, this is his first year back in a decent machine, and i'm not saying 100% that hes gonna win the 2010 championship, I'm not Mrs. Cleo lol, i'm just saying it's going to be one hell of a battle.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

ISLAMATRON

joeyg02 wrote:i'll bet my right nut alonso has more wins this year than any other driver.
joeyg02 wrote:i'm not saying 100% that hes gonna win the 2010 championship, I'm not Mrs. Cleo lol, i'm just saying it's going to be one hell of a battle.

Seems like your right nut has shrunk some already... is he is or aint he... stop changing your stance Ms Cleo

Moanlower

ISLAMATRON wrote:
HE did not win 2 races, he cheated for 1 and lucked into the other... I'll take you up on that bet... What would you like us to use to cut off your right nut?

Are Ron and Lou butt buddies like you and Fred?
Nah, more like you and Mohammed.
wesley123 wrote:
Yep, Alonso was always being nice and did nothing wrong at all :lol:

No serious, it is all his fault, i mean, why the hell should you even aim your resources at a driver who is openly talking bullshit about his team when hewas getting jaleous? Hamilton proved to be the nicer guy and could work with the team better, so helping such an person is already easier. Alonso should be lucky that he wasnt fired mid season because of his rubbish talk.
If you give peanuts you get monkeys. Was Lewis the nicer guy or more like the backstabber while giving a fake innocent smile ? :roll:
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

joeyg02

if your gonna try to make a point, read the qoutes carefully dumbass, just because you win the most races, does not mean you automatically win the championship, the number one rule of point/counterpoint is knowing what the hell your talking about idiot.

ISLAMATRON

HAHAHA

Hilarious

joeyg02

Why thank you for observing how humorous your stupidity was while you were trying to act smart, it's great you understand... most are just plain dumbasses, but you my friend realize how stupid your choice of qoutes was. I congratulate you

mike

dude if u wanna love alonso do it in ur own time....
in my opinion he is not fast at all he just cant stop talking about how fast he is, and how every1 is against him

-he got lucky in 05 Kimi had 3 failures while leading the race 36pts
-he got lucky in 06 with Schumacher blowing up in japan
-he got lucky in 07 Kimi failed twice in podium positions, lewis failed the last 2 races
-he got lucky in 08 when Lewis try to crash in to Kimi in the 1st lap, and ok hats off he planed singapore (p14 low fuel on an impossible overtaking track with no KERS)

the way that he has to buys himself (santander) in to big teams are evidence that he doesnt deserve what he is getting even if he wins.

and the myth that he is a great development driver is broken, as massa did all the work in the 1st 2 days, all he did was drove on low fuel to create some publicity.

yes he is a great driver but not of his speed or ability to development more on the politics side, if that is the side that you enjoy the most about formula 1 then F1technical might not be your cup of tea.

Giblet

New guy:

You are obviously a passionate F1 fan, and big into Alonso.

That is OK, but maybe step back a foot and a half, and understand you showed up here telling us your opinion, and you have quickly painted yourself into a corner. Let the paint dry, walk out of the room, and don't try to change others opinions based your observations.

Most of us have drivers we like more than others, but even more so on this site we care about the cars, and the drivers technical side.

I don't have any drivers that I am a huge fan of, but I pride myself in knowing what each driver's strengths and weaknesses are to a point.

Alonso has been a douche in the past, but any Alonso fan has to realize that maybe those two years at Renault have humbled him,and maybe he will be stronger now, making him less incomplete :)

As Kimi would say "I thing so we shall see"
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

joeyg02 wrote:I'm just curious as to how many people think alonso will win the World Championship this year after the last few horrible years.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7787 exactly 17 out of 72 active forumers have voted for Alonso in the above thread. There you go. The thread btw will also tell you how the broader public thinks about Alonso's and other drivers chances to become WDC 2010. And if your question was rethorical and you love the ying yang thread you have also found something for your taste. Enjoy the forum!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mr Alcatraz

joeyg02 wrote:Why thank you for observing how humorous your stupidity was while you were trying to act smart, it's great you understand... most are just plain dumbasses, but you my friend realize how stupid your choice of qoutes was. I congratulate you
Easy Junior. Amoung others you, are up against the entire Anglo-Mafia.
I'm one of the "Sensible 17" ( with your vote I suggest we will be "The Enligntened 18" 8)
As things stand right now, talent wise Fred and Lewis are too close to call. I respect Buttons talent, and craft. I suspect that fight may be a lot closer than many think. But I give the nod to LH (at this moment). It's too early to tell who has the superior race package (which most likely will be the determining factor). As far as Red Bull goes I give an edge to Fettel over Mark, but thats not written in stone. The RB6 is another unknow factor.
And then their is Mercedes Mike who wouldn't surprise me if he shows up with a serious can of Whip-Ass!
I don't think Felipe will be able to hang with Fred, but I'm not counting him out!
Just chill bro, hopefully in about 2 months your antagonists might just be sweating bullets :twisted:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand