Campos out, Audi in?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

Re: Campos out, Audi in?

Tazio wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:I also saw that. Still consistent with a possible Audi return. I bet they will deny everything. At least that would be a better use of the chassis than anything else I have heard so far.

And here we go German Motorsport-total.com quotes Stuck for VW:
That is complete nonsense. We are pleased about such rumors because it compliments us to be talked about. Formula1 is at the moment not an issue for us at all. If it should become an issue it will only happen on the basis of the global racing engine.

Hm, not a very strong dementi.

Kolles was also interviewed and denied any involvement with the scheme. It sounds like someone is releasing balloons to test how the wind blows.
If Kolles is involved that would have to be taken very seriously.

Sorry to veer off topic, but what ever happened with his law suit against Force India?
Did they settle?
Settled out of court as it could have ment that either Kolles or Force India wouldnt be allowed to compete in F1 again or for a set period under the FIAs "fit and propper persons" rulling. Rumor has it Kolles was sueing for £4million, and Mallya paid him off for £1million, £600,000 more than they wanted to pay, but more the figure that Kolles was wanting.

But i think its about time that VW/Audi came into F1, it would mean that Red Bull would probably switch from Renault and that would mean that the posibility of one of the new teams picking up Renault power, probably Virgin.

Its about time there was a new Manufacturer in F1, meaning a end to the bleeding from the sport from the past 2 years. And would really bolster the ranks of the grid names!!

segedunum

WhiteBlue wrote:
AS, explaining that the touted investment of A1 chief Tony Teixeira never materialised.....
Now there is a bolt from the blue. :roll: Maybe he thought that others were just going to assume he had the money, rather like Qadbak, and let him run the show? It seems to be the de joure strategy these days.

Mr Alcatraz

segedunum wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
AS, explaining that the touted investment of A1 chief Tony Teixeira never materialised.....
It seems to be the de joure strategy these days.
:lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pandamasque

It all looks like just a desperate publicity stunt to attract some attention to the team in hope to get some financial backing.

gridwalker

Fil wrote:#-o So every rumour deserves a new thread now..?

Hasn't there been a topic about VW Group's potential entry into F1 too?
What was the most recent quote from a VW spokesperson that was mentioned there..?

Something along the lines of VW not being interested in F1 until there are major major changes to the sport's regulations and its administration..

Surely those comments are enough to debunk (and hopefully lock) this thread.
Yup : I posted that rumor as it's own thread a long time back ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."