villeneuve is the best !?!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

villeneuve is the best !?!

following the overtaking statistics, Jacques is the better of all other drivers in formula 1..

Villeneuve : 28
Montoya : 15
Frentzen : 15
Salo : 14
M Schumacher : 13
Sato : 12
Bernoldi : 8
Raikkonen : 7
Barrichello : 7
McNish : 6
Massa : 5
Trulli : 5
de la Rosa : 5
Heidfeld : 4
Button : 4
Coulthard : 3
Webber : 3
Fisichella : 2
Panis : 2
Irvine : 1
Yoong : 1
R Schumacher : 1

Total : 161

that means Jacques is the best, and ralf schumacher is a chicken :lol:

right :?:

Ijskovreter

As Schumacher always drives in front of the others, he doesn't have to overtake :wink:

Villeneuve starts at the back of the field, and so he can overtake more :!:

Steven
Owner

well, then why doesn't panis nealy manages to make only a tenth of overtaking manouevres than Villeneuve does?
I think has one of the best there is at the moment, and thse stats prove it.

He's probably the most active driver in a car, going probably half the corner is opposed lock, not to lose his BAR. Thanks to him, we do not get a lot of those silly races all driving behind each other, like Ralf seems to have adopted as a hobby :lol:
Last edited by Steven on 28 Aug 2002, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

mean machine

Jacques cant do anything about his car but, except making it faster. Schumacher can only slow down its car. Jacques is a pro and doesnt need a fast car to drive well. Schumacher has a great car but isnt capable to keep it fast enough so he would have no concurrents anylonger. The best car doesnt always get the best points. the best driver does!!! :!:

Steven
Owner

Villeneuve rejects $50 million deal

wow!

looks like the player's forsythe CART team, where Jacques took his victories in 1994 and 1995, are very, or at least were very interested in JV for next year.
Pollock wanted even more money to get them out of formula one. luckily maybe, because some people would surely miss Jacques here. Although, it's no much fun driving here and hoping at the start to get to the finish, maybe even with some points.. very maybe :roll:

Rookie

Re: villeneuve is the best !?!

tomba wrote:following the overtaking statistics, Jacques is the better of all other drivers in formula 1..

Jacques has now made 35 passes to Spa, Frentzen is second and Yoong is last with only one pass (unless you count Davidson as well who didn't pass anyone).

The other interesting stat is how often people have been passed. The one that surprises me here is Alex Yoong - I didn't know he'd been ahead of enough people to be passed 14 times!

30 Button
29 Irvine
20 Trulli
18 de la Rosa
14 Panis
14 Yoong
13 Salo
13 Webber
13 Massa
11 Coulthard
11 Heidfeld
11 Fisichella
8 Villeneuve
7 Bernoldi
7 McNish
5 R Schumacher
5 Montoya
5 Sato
5 Räikkönen
2 M Schumacher
2 Frentzen
0 Barrichello
0 Davidson
http://www.BARF1fans.com - British American Racing

Steven
Owner

Full throttle in Eau Rouge

well, something about last Spa grand prix:

Villeneuve said:
"I always enjoy driving here but it was easy to take Eau Rouge flat today; with traction control and high grip it's now the same for everybody," he said. "Hopefully we'll have a better day tomorrow and a little more set-up time."

hehe! looks like we must again reduce some grip to give jacques his advantage back he had before the new asphalt and traction control :lol:

I also agree that his 2000's Eau Rouga crash was extremely well done, especially doing it without any injuries :wink:

raw1

I think that's an interesting statistic, but overtaking isn't all what makes a good driver, it is a mixture of factors. Unfortunately in Formula 1, the car plays a big part on how 'good' a driver is. Look at Eddie Irvine, for example. In 1999, he was up there with Schumacher, in 2000, he was hacking it out at the back of the pack. It wasn't that Irvind suddenly became a 'slow driver', he just swapped from a Ferrari to the pile of dung that is the Jaguar.

As with Villeneuve, in 1997 he was world champion in a WILLIAMS, now he is in a BAR and he is nutting it out at the back. I am sure if he and Schumacher swapped cars, Villeneuve would be the champion and Schuey would be stairing at the Asiatech sign on the back of Mark Webber's Minardi.

As far as Formula 1 goes today, it's pretty much all in the car.

Steven
Owner

no it is indeed not everything, pit stops and stuff can influence a lot, but have you already noticed the difference between some team members?

At Williams for example, and at BAR, not at all small differences between those teams' two drivers. :lol:

Legend

Tomba wrote:following the overtaking statistics, Jacques is the better of all other drivers in formula 1..

Salo : 14
M Schumacher : 13
Sato : 12

That means that Salo is better than Schumacher and Sato is almost as good as Schumacher! Image

Hi Juke I missed you Image
ImageImage

Steven
Owner

euh no it doesn't
schumacher is always in front, how can he overtake lots of people than??

I just proves a diference in driver challenge, if you keep in mind in what car they are driving.
And for Sato and Salo... if there are two drivers that I really don't estime highly than it's these two :lol:

you may want to make comparisons with teammates, where at some teams a difference may be very clear!

Legend

"following the overtaking statistics, Jacques is the better of all other drivers in formula 1.. "

Following the same statistic you have presented, Salo is better than Schumacher and Sato is damn close!Image

And Schumacher is only the 5th best, I wonder why Ferrari are offering him 150 millions € for a new 2 years contract (2005-2006) almost doubling his annual salary? :roll:
ImageImage

Jukebox

Welcome to the forum Legend.....

In my opinion....considering the overtaking difficulties in formula1 nowadays, the statistic shows that those drivers who have more overtaking records are quite skillful but simply not the best :wink:
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

well Legend ... Jacques is idd the better of all :D

Legend

...as much as Salo is better than Schumacher! :D
ImageImage