Nick Fry out of Merc

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard

Re: Nick Fry out of Merc

JohnsonEvilTwin wrote:Can anyone shed some light on his "wash n go" debacle?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7747&start=0

By the way you can use Google to search this forum if you includeteh site address. For example I used the following keywords to get the above thread:
mercedes sponsorship fry site:http://www.f1technical.net/

JohnsonEvilTwin

I was aware of the Henkel saga, do they own wash'n'go? lol
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." Adams

axle

How odd...the original article has been pulled from PITPASS.COM
- Axle

horse

axle wrote:How odd...the original article has been pulled from PITPASS.COM
I'm thinking perhaps that these accounts have not been interpreted right? Or possibly an injunction? I would think the first is more likely than the second.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

gibells

axle

Foiled.
- Axle

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Pitpass really ought to read as sh8tpass.
My anal passage couldnt come up with more rubbish....
read what they say on mercedes....it is shameful [-X
More could have been done.
David Purley

axle

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Pitpass really ought to read as sh8tpass.
My anal passage couldnt come up with more rubbish....
read what they say on mercedes....it is shameful [-X
Really? I actually find most of their stuff quite insightful if you're not scared of the truth. However if you're a die hard fanboi then lots of what they write might be quite testing...
- Axle

JohnsonsEvilTwin

axle

They accused Mercedes of spending 100million on engine development in 2009.
When the facts(which continuosly avoid Chris Sylt and co) are that Mercedes spent the money IN 2008 ON KERS.

Its still there, go read it if you can put up with their nonsense.
He tried to say thats the reason mercedes had an advantage(by spending the 90 odd million solely on engines) over the rest. Its fabrication journalism of the lowest order.
David Purley

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I often read Pitpass and whilst the Mosley bashing got tiresome, I find it to be quite informative, although I will admit it is not my favoite F1 site, it is quite good all the same. Perhaps you could do better? You could have http://www.johnsonbesteverF1site.com. [-X

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:axle

They accused Mercedes of spending 100million on engine development in 2009.
When the facts(which continuosly avoid Chris Sylt and co) are that Mercedes spent the money IN 2008 ON KERS.

Its still there, go read it if you can put up with their nonsense.
He tried to say thats the reason mercedes had an advantage(by spending the 90 odd million solely on engines) over the rest. Its fabrication journalism of the lowest order.

tarzoon

I don't get it... Nick Fry has a bad reputation amongst F1 fans and followers, however the rumors go that he is very liked by Honda/BrawnGP employees.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

tarzoon wrote:I don't get it... Nick Fry has a bad reputation amongst F1 fans and followers, however the rumors go that he is very liked by Honda/BrawnGP employees.

I agree with your comment however I actually like the guy. He is always pretty calm and professional and he was very supportive of both his drivers last year. I can see why he is liked as he seems a genuinely nice guy but mabye that is the problem for some fans. Doesn't seem cold enough for some to be high in the management of an F1 team?

WhiteBlue

Like him or not one thing is eternally true of Nick Fry, he is useless.

Merc apparently got him out of shareholding so that he will not be able to profit from future success. That will have come at the price of a long term contract.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

My point here is that not for the first time has Pitpass gone and reported somthing that was total BS. Most of their stories are in fact made up hocus pocus.
Its beautifully written granted, but this is also true of a lot of other fiction! :lol:
Remember this is the same site that said Mercedes would loan Rosberg to Lotus from a "tip off" by a mysterious Lord somwhere. Beggars belief :shock:
David Purley

gibells

tarzoon wrote:I don't get it... Nick Fry has a bad reputation amongst F1 fans and followers, however the rumors go that he is very liked by Honda/BrawnGP employees.
Well for one thing he immediately turned on Jenson questioning his loyalty to the team when Jenson (while looking for another job, and feeling the speculative breath of Schumacher on his overalls) visited Woking on a job interview.

Another was the supposed sponsorship he had secured from Brazil before the season (2009) began, which failed to materialise.

Another was his inability to secure sponsorship to a winning car in 2009.

Another was his naivity in getting Mercedes involved in the Henkel con.

I could go on...