Broadcast graphics changed on Speed...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pedmaster
Pedmaster

Broadcast graphics changed on Speed...

I know this is my first post/thread but I've been a lurker for quite some time so if this is in the wrong spot my apologies. I just wanted to voice my frustrations with how the broadcaster of the Speed channel feed no longer shows the running order during qualifying. This seems baffling to me!... Not sure much can be done but wanted to voice my frustrations. Carry on... :)

Sean H
Sean H

Re: Broadcast graphics changed on Speed...

Pedmaster wrote:I know this is my first post/thread but I've been a lurker for quite some time so if this is in the wrong spot my apologies. I just wanted to voice my frustrations with how the broadcaster of the Speed channel feed no longer shows the running order during qualifying. This seems baffling to me!... Not sure much can be done but wanted to voice my frustrations. Carry on... :)
unfortunetly it is the feed they get, they are stuck with the views and graphics.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

Pandamasque

It's the same for everybody. I am yet to hear a person who likes the new graphics.

roost89
roost89

Pandamasque wrote:It's the same for everybody. I am yet to hear a person who likes the new graphics.
I like some of the new graphics. Mainly the rev/speedometer.
I did see a place system, however it was at an odd angle. like this --> / /

During the race, I'd like to see a list of who's where instead of that scrolling line at the bottom. I never see #1-#8 and it stays there for too long.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Fil

You guys need to learn how to watch F1 properly..

F1 Live Timing on the computer screen, F1 race on the TV

Best of both worlds! ;)
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

roost89
roost89

Fil wrote:You guys need to learn how to watch F1 properly..

F1 Live Timing on the computer screen, F1 race on the TV

Best of both worlds! ;)
I'm on the Live Timing and don't forget Twitter too.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Fil

Oh hell yeah, Twitter has brought a new level to F1 for me!

Tweetdeck is an awesome program for it. You can sort everyone into separate columns.. I have everyone i follow sorted into either 'F1' for Journo's, 'F1-Teams' for anyone directly associated with a team, or 'Others' for everyone else not F1-related! :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

mep

Yea the layout of the display really sucks and seems to get worse every year.
I liked the one they had 10 years ago best and I wonder why they never manage to improve anything?

Steven
Owner

Pandamasque wrote:It's the same for everybody. I am yet to hear a person who likes the new graphics.
True, I liked it last year though.

One positive note however is the lap counter on top of the screen. While it previously counted the number of laps still to go, now it shows "3/49" when in lap 3. But that's about the only positive I have noticed...

GreeTz
GreeTz

I'm watchin it:
:roll: Live timing on monitor 1, mclaren website with live telemetrics of both cars and twitter next to it, and on television the great BBC coverage of the race