Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

If I was Nico Rosberg, I would try to get in contact with Ferrari. I m pretty sure they would take him as Massa replacement. 2012 they will contract him anyway, why not now???
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

raymondu999

Maybe he's afraid the spot is earmarked as Alonso's supporting driver?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Rosberg (or any other driver) would be best looking at Webbers seat at red Bull. I am pretty sure he won't be there next year after all his mouthing off last year and just simply not being a consistant match for Vettel.

Morteza

If Rosberg moves to Red Bull, he may threaten Vettel's position as No.1 driver I believe. We rate Rosberg as a better driver than Webber. Even last year there were times that Webber got the pole position and not Vettel, so a driver like Rosberg can do better than that in the best car on the grid. He makes very few mistakes.
I know it's just speculation and Rosberg will not get a Red Bull seat next year, but it looks that way to me.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bot6

I don't think the RBR drive is up for grabs, as once Webber leaves, Red Bull will probably choose an "in house" replacement. Probably Alguersuari. Even if he finishes behind Buemi this season. McLaren seem pretty happy with Button and Hamilton, both good drivers with complementary skills, who get along well. And there's no way Rosberg would want to be Alonso's bitch. I think he's better off staying put.

Massa might be able to land a seat at Sauber, but I doubt it. They need the TelMex money too much and seem set on keeping Kobayashi. Maybe Force India could use him, as they need someone who can help them develop their car. He definitely deserves better than to be Alonso's bitch and he really looks unhappy where he is. He's got the talent to be at the front, but he needs a cosy and safe environment to do so.

raymondu999

Can we add a poll here asking if people think Webber will stay/leave? I think he's already giving indications with his last comment of not hanging around to have a race like that (Melbourne 2011) every weekend. Honestly, I think Massa is the best number 2 Ferrari can probably get, and he'll probably stay put. Unless Ferrari pull out a wildcard and air a rookie. Which they haven't done in.. decades? I'm talking, of course, of Bianchi. Bianchi hasn't impressed me much in GP2 either, and I don't think he would be entirely deserving of such a seat. Maybe Badoer for Massa's replacement? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Tamburello

What did Webber say recently with regards to that?

Tamburello

andrew wrote:Rosberg (or any other driver) would be best looking at Webbers seat at red Bull. I am pretty sure he won't be there next year after all his mouthing off last year and just simply not being a consistant match for Vettel.
Not being a consistent match for Vettel? He lead the championship last year longer than anyone and was very rarely more than a tenth off Vettel's qualifying pace.

He had a crappy weekend here but Vettel had crappy weekend's last year as well.

andrew

Ultimately, it is not really up to a driver is it? It's a question of if Red Bull want him.

raymondu999

Tumbarello wrote:What did Webber say recently with regards to that?
Here's the article: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=43213

And he says (I'm quoting from the article):
Mark Webber wrote: I won't be lining myself up for races like the one I've just had every weekend.
@Andrew - I don't really think it's that clear cut. I mean, for the contract to be signed then Red Bull must supply the contract, AND Webber must sign. Both must want it
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew

^ True, but Red Bull have to offer it.

Tamburello

A lot what appears to be double talk from Webber in that article. It's difficult to know what he means exactly.

raymondu999

andrew wrote:^ True, but Red Bull have to offer it.
My point being it takes two to tango. Both parties must want it. Only Red Bull/only Mark wanting it won't fit
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

andrew

Yes, we will have to see who wants who and if one wants the other.

alberto222mx

If Webber get used to be the second in the team, he is the best driver RedBull can get, maybe is not as fast as Vettel, but he usually get points and podiums wich is very important for the WCC. Beside that, he pushes Vettel is not like Alonso outpacing Massa in every session.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970