Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ajdavison2

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

I know this is unlikely to the point of impossible, but how would the WDC be decided if 2 or 3 drivers all had the same number of different positions,e.g if vettel and hamilton ended up with the same number of first places, second places etc? Just curious and this seems like the appropriate thread haha :P

JohnsonsEvilTwin

This season?

Vettel's already won it...unless there is an active clampdown on flexing wings, or Mclaren follow suit that Red Bull is just too quick.
More could have been done.
David Purley

raymondu999

ajdavison2 wrote:I know this is unlikely to the point of impossible, but how would the WDC be decided if 2 or 3 drivers all had the same number of different positions,e.g if vettel and hamilton ended up with the same number of first places, second places etc? Just curious and this seems like the appropriate thread haha :P
Then the one with more points wins. Or the one who manages to woo Tamara Ecclestone
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2

But if they finished like that they would have the same points haha?

raymondu999

Ah, so you mean same positions down to the last scrap. Then the one who manages to woo Tamara.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2

Haha, with bernie's permission ofc :wink:

volarchico

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:This season?

Vettel's already won it...unless there is an active clampdown on flexing wings, or Mclaren follow suit that Red Bull is just too quick.
A bold statement after one race!

raymondu999

Very bold, but if all races are like that first one, it's an understandably bold one
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The Red Bull is bombproof and 0.9 seconds quicker than the Mclaren.

I will say it again, Vettel will walk this year. UNLESS Mclaren get their flexi wings working like Red Bulls, no one else can touch them.
Webber wont be allowed to push Vettel down to the wire, and McLaren only looks racy in the hands of Hamilton.
The one thing I would say is if Hamilton shows consistency throughout the year as he demonstrated in the first half of 2010, he may just push Vettel into making mistakes.

But equally and when behind by some margin, the way Vettel turned round last year was very impressive. Whats he going to do with a lead? :wink:
David Purley

mx_tifoso

This topic is about how and where the drivers will end up. There is a thread for WDC probabilities in this very section which is better suited than this one, so please take this conversation there or to a new thread.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Oh ok,

Vettel wins, then takes Newey and Promodrou with him to Mercedes for 2012/3 in a move likened to that of Schumacher where he turned Ferrari around.
David Purley

Giblet

Close but we are 2011 silly season here JET as MX just said.

The silly season is over, all seats are filled unless someone gets dropped or Kubica comes back.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Giblet wrote:Close but we are 2011 silly season here JET as MX just said.

The silly season is over, all seats are filled unless someone gets dropped or Kubica comes back.
Oh....ok.

How about flexi wings are banned, Red Bull relegated to midfield has beens and Schumacher takes the title in rapturous year for Mercedes? 8)
David Purley

Ciro Pabón

ajdavison2 wrote:I know this is unlikely to the point of impossible, but how would the WDC be decided if 2 or 3 drivers all had the same number of different positions,e.g if vettel and hamilton ended up with the same number of first places, second places etc? Just curious and this seems like the appropriate thread haha :P
As the FIA sees fit. That's what regulations say. I'd say that last year's positions should be the tie breaker.
7.2 If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to :
a) the holder of the greatest number of first places,
b) if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places,
c) if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.
d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.
Famous ties I remember, is the one at NASCAR in 1974, third place was awarded to both drivers (at 2:30 into the video). Incidentally, Pearson allowed Petty to pass him (at 1:20) and then caught him again, for a win at the finish line.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQr4U3iMJY[/youtube]

This was a triple tie: all are winners (but they pay you only a third of your bet).

Ciro

FW17

What is the reason Lotus is trying out so many new drivers on Friday's?

Are they looking for a replacement for JT?