COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

hairy_scotsman

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

xpensive wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:7 blocks on a plan ... shock ... horror ... they might be split? One upstairs, one downstairs. Or perhaps one on the left half, one on the right half? #-o

That'll make 14 office units. 12 for the teams, one for Bernie, one for stewards.
Only goes to prove that all these images are just that, images, the entire race is imaginary and MrE knows that,
why he took off like a bat out of hell with the money without ever looking back from his soulmates in Hoboken NJ.

Nobody seems to have paid any attention to access roads, parking lots or even a sponsor for the race anyway?
What's your take on this WB?
A lot of land has already been prepared for parking lots. Much work has already been done on interior access roads as well. You can see them in some of the photos I've posted.

As for a race or circuit sponsor, I don't know what anyone else has been doing, but Tavo Hellmund was in Jerez yesterday with reps of a major multinational beverage company.

http://www.pitpass.com/45571-Hellmund-spotted-at-Jerez
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

hairy_scotsman

richard_leeds wrote:x - Not sure how you got that.

There is a plan showing 7 team buildings, and it can be seen how that neatly accommodates the 12 teams plus FOM and the stewards. So how does that show the race to be imaginary?
You aren't seeing this. It's not really there. LMAO:

Hail22

Just get the FIA to make this race a simulator race for 2012 hahahaha!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Richard

Getting there will be a nightmare with that highway and airport next door. Why haven't they selected a site with the accessibility of Korea & China?

xpensive

Once and for all, just to make my agenda obvious, something which I failed to do a few years back with USF1 debacle;

I consider myself a 50/50 scandinavian/american, I speak, think and react the same way as I imagine every good american citizen would do when presented with a horse story suggested over a field of dirt.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

RacingManiac

richard_leeds wrote:Getting there will be a nightmare with that highway and airport next door. Why haven't they selected a site with the accessibility of Korea & China?

How is that a bad thing? Compare to most tracks in US which are miles upon miles away from any kind of civilization, this is actually good....You have to drive like 3.5-4 hours away from Chicago or Milwaukee to get to Road America...

hairy_scotsman

FW17

Love that pic.

Just wish that grand stand was moving faster
Last edited by Steven on 11 Feb 2012, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted pic (see above)

Richard

I see they've started at the other end of the pit building. So that's two working faces, halving the time. OK life's not that neat, say 60% time.

Curious that they haven't started on the grandstand yet, but it is a smaller building, probably with less fit out too.

I see this pic was taken before the media centre walls were lifted into place.

xpensive

When I've always been a sucker for calling a spade a spade, no matter how polite you try to be about it,
this entire thing is sheer crap, there's not gonna be an Austin GP in this lifetime.

All this is just the same goobeligook as USF1, "Look at us, we can actually move dirt around and raise some pre-fabs"!
Well good for you, but if MrE ever travels through that access road I promise I will turn a southern babtist in a heartbeat.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard

RacingManiac wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Getting there will be a nightmare with that highway and airport next door. Why haven't they selected a site with the accessibility of Korea & China?

How is that a bad thing? Compare to most tracks in US which are miles upon miles away from any kind of civilization, this is actually good....You have to drive like 3.5-4 hours away from Chicago or Milwaukee to get to Road America...
Irony?

Korea requires a bus journey of several hours to the nearest airport.

munudeges

I think Donnington managed to dig a big hole in the ground as well, didn't they? :lol:

Richard

I think Abu Dhabi/India/Turkey/Korea/etc managed to dig a big hole in the ground as well, didn't they? :lol:

volarchico

Not sure if this has been mentioned, because I didn't feel like reading every line of "this track won't be built / yes it will!" to find out, but for those interested in going, here's the information about pre-ordering your seats:

------------
Don't Wait. Time's Almost Up to Join the Select Seating Waitlist.
There's still time to reserve a spot on the Circuit of The Americas official Select Seating Waitlist, but not much.

Our Waitlist will close on February 13th and if you miss it you’ll miss out on the chance to buy Select Seats in March before tickets are released to the general public in the summer.

http://circuitoftheamericas.us2.list-ma ... 4a4145be1a
-----