Hamilton.Button incident. The Truth!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bcoxa

Re: Hamilton.Button incident. The Truth!

richard_leeds wrote:
bcoxa wrote:Does anyone know how much fuel either driver needed to save?
I suspect the fuel order was conveying a team order to stop racing. It is most likely that they had very similar amounts of fuel, and neither was in danger of running out of fuel. After all both cars had an empty track ahead, and it is usual at that stage of the race to focus on preserving the car, and that in turn saves fuel.
I'd agree.

So taking an extra lap to gain advantage would not be an issue.
I'm not an engineer, just an experiment.

feynman

doopie2you wrote:
feynman wrote:In the interests of assisting those indulging in speculation, and the general promotion of evidence-based commenting, I have uploaded the Hamilton onboard for the laps in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuKJhnBA64E

Anyone willing to indicate the timecode of a Hamilton mistake?

I am getting good at avoiding FOM takedowns, but can't offer any guarantees, a bit like Lewis's race-engineer apparently, so don't hang about.

Wooh awesome video, thanks for uploading! Provies the point that there were no BIG mistakes from Hamilton. Button just didn't listen en Hamilton did! What Button did was not very smart, if he REALLY had low fuel then that would have cost him his race!

BTW, could you tell me where you got that onboard video from? Maybe PM me if you won't tell it here?

Dictionary definition short-shfting and keeping it out the red-line, I thought, especially that short straight between 6 and 7.
I am pretty sure we could have got away with just the audio-track and the engine note, the video is largely superfluous.

I'd suggest he has to wind it up just a touch more than usual out of 8 on the first lap shown, just to make sure he cleanly catches the Virgin before the next corners, but that aside, keeping it consistently slow-revving and as fuel-efficient as possible.

Just for compares, here he is earlier in the race, thrashing the box in turn 8, simultaneously trying to keep a respectable tail on Webber and avoid ending up in the hedges.
Brutal downshift in second apex, and back up again for 4th apex and exit onto straight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBvPl13uwpc

If you hang to the end, you can see him on the radio in the tight twisty stuff, and to not much ill-effect, so I doubt he was fumbling for the switch in 8.

As for source, doopie, Sunday night I grab a bunch of torrents from all the usual places, mostly the public trackers.
In this case, the video was originally sourced from Sky Germany's coverage ... and it was then uploaded to the famous big green one, the one with the horns and the trident.
Don't know if you torrent, so don't know if that helps, but if you do, you'll know instantly who I mean.

If that's not a good enough clue, let me know. FOM have eyeballs everywhere.

doopie2you

Awesome video's :D i torrent yes, but i mostly use the torrent site that has a pirate ship as logo. And it stays in a bay!:p

PM me with the link or something!
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

nacho

To me it was evident in the celebrations. They scored a 1-2 and look at Lewis after the coming out of the car, basically trying everything to get a positive expression on his face.

doopie2you

nacho wrote:To me it was evident in the celebrations. They scored a 1-2 and look at Lewis after the coming out of the car, basically trying everything to get a positive expression on his face.
I think i would feel the same way as Lewis :shock:
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows