Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mkw0101
mkw0101

Re: Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren

Hamilton will never leave Mclaren. He is a full patch member of Mclaren and
will finish his career with the team.

tifoly013usa
tifoly013usa

i hope he does, can not see him in any other car...
sorry to off topic
but i have a side question? which driver has the longest time/contract (driving ofcourse, not advisor) driving for the same constructor? (driver/time/constuctor)

thanks

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Michael Schumacher? 11 years as a driver for Ferrari plus a further 3 as an advisor/test driver.

tifoly013usa
tifoly013usa

andrew thank you, who's the second longest please
that one was too easy, i was trying to skip michael by excluding advisors but i didn't think he had that many years with ferrari!

andrew
andrew

Mika Hakkinen was 9 years as a driver at McLaren after that I'm not sure.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Hamilton will at some stage race for another make. There is no question.
For me it's fairly clear it will be Mercedes-Benz, as it was their money as well as Mclaren's that pushed his career along.

And no, its not baseless Mercedes fanboy talk :lol:

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news/for ... ry-nascar/
More could have been done.
David Purley

tifoly013usa
tifoly013usa

andrew thanks again
nowadays it's hard to believe how fast they come & go & Michael & Mika have that many years with their teams, but they did deserve it too
back on topic have ferrari never mentioned Hamilton evan as a thought?

andrew
andrew

Not that I can recall. Ferrari have been quite vocal previously about their desire to have Vettel though.

donskar
donskar

Why Hamilton for Ferrari?
Ferrari do not need a messiah to rebuild the team (M Schu).
I don't think Ham is seen as the #1 threat (Kimi R).
He is not the choice by temperament (Massa, Alonso).

Kubica and Vettel have been mentioned in Ferrari rumors. I'd prefer either to Hamilton.

Oh yes, WHY is it "Time for Hamilton to leave McLaren"?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

PlatinumZealot

andrew wrote:
n smikle wrote:
andrew wrote:Hamilton is a McLaren product. He ain't/can't go anywhere else.

I honestly can't remeber hearing that any other team would like him in the future. The likes of Alonso, Vettel and Kubica have all openly been on teams wish-lists but I can not recall any team principle saying they want Hamilton.
Frank Williams, Mercedes and I know Ferrari!!! would LOOOOOVE to have him as soon as Alonso is gone.
Care to cite a reference incase I have missed this or are you just wishing for this?
Here you goooo...
Di Montezemolo was asked whether he believes that Hamilton is destined to become one of the great drivers and whether he would like him to join Ferrari one day. “I think he is a very, very good driver,” Di Montezemolo said in his heavily accented English with a flick of his left wrist, on which, incongruously, he sports a tattoo of a tortoise. “Last year Hamilton was fantastic. He can pay a little price last year because of the pressure and his lack of experience. But I think if he will continue to drive a competitive car, he can enter the history of Formula One.

Regarding Ferrari, of course I would like to have a driver like Hamilton, like Alonso. But that will be in another life, because in this life I have Michael, Kimi and Felipe. Maybe in two years I will tell you something different, but at the moment I am very, very happy. And don’t forget Felipe won the championship until 15 seconds to go — he won more races than Hamilton. But there is no question that Hamilton deserved to win, particularly in light of what he lost last year.”
http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news/for ... ntezemolo/

8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

freedom_honda

He will probably join some other team in the future. But I don't see any reason for him to quit McLaren in the near future. McLaren has a strong development team. Beside Red Bull and Ferrari, McLaren is the best team to be in.

Ciro Pabón

Giblet wrote:He's no dummy.
andrew wrote:Care to cite a reference incase I have missed this or are you just wishing for this?
Ciro