The new motorsport...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

The new motorsport...

hmmm

Let's speculate a little about where we are going to... :lol:

First of all had that fuss around some of the F1 constructors to start their own competition in 2008 when the concorde agreement will be no more... I don't know what to think about that, but since I heard very few about this lately, a presume this will become nothing if Bernie handles things well in F1.
Speaking of F1.. I was thinking recently when bernie would stop with going to every race and trying to play the big boss.. I really think F1 needs someone like a president, named by the teams.. not one old man that has become the 'one' because of his money and interest. I'm not saying he doesn't mean it well.. but I think it's time for a new structure. I know it may not be tomorrow, but anyway, maybe also in 2008.

Furthermore, I think the F3000 will fade away further, more and more drivers complain of the very strange conditions to drive, with a very high amount of luck playing a crucial role. I personally think the Telefonica-Nissan cup is the way to go! 8)

The IRL is more and more become the CART of years ago, the years of JV's astounding CART adventure, together with Montoya's. That means IRL will sort of become THE american sport for single seaters.

CART is on its way to get it global.. now with Pantano and McNish going for it there. They are also running on two European circuits... :shock:

So... what will it look like tomorrow and afterwards?
I think F1 will stay on top for a while, but I can see CART's rising popularity in Europe the next couple of years...

What do you all think of this spin of my mind? Any other things I missed? Or do you have a completely other vision on it?

Micky

I think in the next couple of years we could see a european CART championship formed if its popularity continues to grow. :?

Also i can see why F3000 is not a favourite as the races are too short and are getting further from F1 standard, so how are drivers supposed to develop. :?

Jukebox

Don't forget that China will be airing delayed telecast of CART races starting 2003 because of Alex Yoong's involvement in that championship plus there might be a few Chinese brandnames on Yoong's suit/car. I agree that CART would be the next stepping stone for wannabe F1 drivers
Ferrari forever....

:?: not sure but isnt Yoong Malay?

Steven
Owner

yes I thought so too, but as far as I know he's about the only current Asian driver in CART and F1 together :lol: