Who should win the title this year? why or why not?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard

Re: Who should win the title this year? why or why not?

I read the "Alonso doesn't deserve" comments as referring to the team orders in Germany.

If Alonso does win WDC, it will be down to RB throwing it away. He's been lucky to get that opportunity from RB because the WDC would be over by now if Ferrari were in the same position as RB. However it is hard work by Ferari and his own talent that got him into the position to receive the gift.
Last edited by Richard on 08 Nov 2010, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

I think the problem is, if we have a similar podium like during the race (1-2-3 Seb-Mark-Fernando) then Fernando would have 261 points (if you take away 7, 254) while the Red Bull boys would have 256 apiece. 256 is less than 261, but more than 254.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

To clarify raymond's comment - Alonso would only have 254 if the German team orders had been reversed by the WMSC.

raymondu999

Yeap. So he would NOT have won by 7 points
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

nipo

Looking at the topic I was guessing (rightly) that some cool-headed fella will say "the one with the most points at the end deserves it".

Like we don't know :)

Anyway, in terms of ability I think we've seen why Ferrari has signed Alonso in such a desperate manner. He has delivered (albeit with obvious biased support from the team over poor Felipe) and with a somewhat inferior machine is currently leading the championship. I think my "logical" vote goes to Alonso.

Emotionally, though, I don't like this guy and I don't want to see him win! :D :D

That said, I don't think anyone else "deserves" the title this year, honestly speaking. Personally I'd prefer Mark taking it but my gut feeling is that he is somehow not destined to be a WDC. Just like Massa.

zeph

If there ever was a reason to root for Webber, here it is!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-M0olx3 ... r_embedded[/youtube]

alvinkhorfire

^ It is quite obvious for anyone to see that Vettel was being interviewed. And yet, it is naughty for Webber to disrupt him. Perhaps, he tried to give Vettel a reminder that he should be the one going for the WDC.

BMW_F1

WilliamsF1 wrote:I don't understand why Alonso does not deserve to be champion?

He is and the only people who are saying that are those who would not want to see him win a 3rd WDC.

zeph

alvinkhorfire wrote:^ It is quite obvious for anyone to see that Vettel was being interviewed. And yet, it is naughty for Webber to disrupt him. Perhaps, he tried to give Vettel a reminder that he should be the one going for the WDC.
I think you read too much into it. They just won the WCC and they're celebrating. Webber is a goofball with a fire extinguisher. So what?

mkw0101

vettel surpirsed every one and he even won in style, a victory at Yas Marina GP and a World Driver's Championship at the same time.

What ever happened to Wbber and Alonso?

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

They choked, simple as that. Especially Webber.

raymondu999

Been a while since the championship was won at the last race with a genuine race victory, no? I only remember Kimi, and I believe Massa understood that Kimi was faster than him :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法