The Red Bull Advantage in 2011

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
donskar

Re: The Red Bull Advantage in 2011

Good points. But you might go a bit further and say that all the "geniuses" had their poor designs.

As to losing interest, Newey has been saying for years that he'd like to design yachts; Gordon Murray turned to advanced road cars; Barnard moved to motorcycles and furniture; Mike Pilbeam went from pretty good F1 designs to better hillclimbers. I think there does come a point where there is a loss of interest or simple burnout.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

univex

Re: The Red Bull Advantage in 2011

donskar wrote:As to losing interest, Newey has been saying for years that he'd like to design yachts; Gordon Murray turned to advanced road cars; Barnard moved to motorcycles and furniture; Mike Pilbeam went from pretty good F1 designs to better hillclimbers. I think there does come a point where there is a loss of interest or simple burnout.
Have any of them moved on to aircraft. I'd love to see what AN would do with a CF fighter jet, commercial jet, and a jumbo. It would be awesome, although given how close he goes to the limit at times I am not sure if I would like to fly one of them :).

Back on topic:
IMO the advantage is the two years with Pull Rod Suspension.