Ferrari 2011 speculation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
delacf

Re: Ferrari Project 662

BorisTheBlade wrote:Scarbs twittered the following link a couple of hours ago. As he stated, we should take it with a grain of salt ;) But interesting nevertheless. Maybe some spaniard could translate that for us?

http://www.marca.com/2010/12/18/motor/f ... 1292717303
I´m Spanish. The credibility of MARCA is zero. Is common to see mistakes in statistics and looking guilty or making excuses when Alonso fails. They believed that the cars were going to run with lights in Singapore :lol: .

Regards, delacf

N12ck

Hi, im a first time poster, I seen the link ( http://www.marca.com/2010/12/18/motor/f ... 1292777585) and I have translated the flash player text from spanish I dont think this is 100% accurate as you will see but have a look see what you think:

"Here is a key design to blow up the Ferrari 2001 in the straights
the air flow guide to the new rear spoiler that we saw in
ta top view. The air is directed toward the rear of the long
vertical fin characteristic of the cars of the last seasons,
communicate with the "fin " phone (the top of the rear wing, by
so to speak) through an element that we have assumed section
triangular. Ferrari could hide this fact until the last letter
preseason test time not to let it copied by the
rivals, but if successful, would be one of those elements and copier
trademark trend in the rest of the cars. That is precisely what
Ferrari are looking for."
= blame google translate

:)

timbo

BorisTheBlade wrote:
timbo wrote: And as noted shark fin connected to rear wing would be illegal and also would hinder the function of movable flap.
No reason the write this for the n-th time in a row here. Nevertheless the (illegal) shark fin doesn't connect to the wing as you stated but is inside the forbidden area.
Actually my point was that whoever wrote the article didn't have a firm grasp of 2011 rules which also implies not very high credibility to me...

Formula None

N12ck wrote:Hi, im a first time poster, I seen the link ( http://www.marca.com/2010/12/18/motor/f ... 1292777585) and I have translated the flash player text from spanish I dont think this is 100% accurate as you will see but have a look see what you think:

= blame google translate

I believe blowing up other cars during the race is illegal. As for the wing mounted phone, that is ridiculous. You could not even hear the conversation over the wind noise.

Owen.C93

The side pod openings look like the virgin car in that mock-up.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

wrcsti

I am kinda expecting them to shape the sidepods in a way that they act as airfoils to get just a tiny bit more downforce.

Martin Keene

There is also regulations covering the surface area of the wheels now, so the 2010 wheels on that, with the intergal dustbins lids, have been banned.

N12ck

Formula None wrote:
N12ck wrote:Hi, im a first time poster, I seen the link ( http://www.marca.com/2010/12/18/motor/f ... 1292777585) and I have translated the flash player text from spanish I dont think this is 100% accurate as you will see but have a look see what you think:

= blame google translate

I believe blowing up other cars during the race is illegal. As for the wing mounted phone, that is ridiculous. You could not even hear the conversation over the wind noise.
That is what it translates to, stupid google translate, but as for the car blowing up, they could be on to something :lol:

But if this link has any credibility why the large sidepods, cooling for kers or some sort of way of creating downforce ??
Budding F1 Engineer

adrianjordan

Formula None wrote: I believe blowing up other cars during the race is illegal. As for the wing mounted phone, that is ridiculous. You could not even hear the conversation over the wind noise.
Priceless!!
=D>
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

hollus

The text says that the triangular fin, working together with the movable rear wing, will bring the car xxx extra CV...
Now believe what you want of the rest.
Rivals, not enemies.

N12ck

hollus wrote:The text says that the triangular fin, working together with the movable rear wing, will bring the car xxx extra CV...
could it be trying to recover more downforce after the loss of the DDD or could it be a directional fin like was on the cars in 2007/ 2006 see what you think : Image
Budding F1 Engineer

wesley123

N12ck wrote:
hollus wrote:The text says that the triangular fin, working together with the movable rear wing, will bring the car xxx extra CV...
could it be trying to recover more downforce after the loss of the DDD or could it be a directional fin like was on the cars in 2007/ 2006 see what you think : Image
nothing more than bullshit it is
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

N12ck

wesley123 wrote:
N12ck wrote:
nothing more than bullshit it is
yes it probably is, the issue with the website is we have no proof it is real, but if it happens to be real i will be shocked
Budding F1 Engineer

wesley123

indeed because that means the FIA is indeed corrupt as that car is in no way legal.
1. The horizontal fin on the shark fin exceeds the central 15cm which is a free zone.
2. The shark fin is within an area where bodywork isnt allowed(the ruling that bans shark fins)

There are 2 reasons why it isnt legal, there are plenty more i guess
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mith

I thought April Fool's day was well... in April ;)