Pirelli will use different colours on 2011 tyres

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Do you like this Pirelli's colorful method?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 56

Belatti

Re: Pirelli will use different colours on 2011 tyres

I vote for transparent tyres. I want to see the air inside!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Belatti wrote:I vote for transparent tyres. I want to see the air inside!
You would have to use the air from these here parts. It looks something like this:

I sense a business opportunity :idea:

Now something really good would be tyre colours which react with heat. The hooter the tyre the redder it gets until it it white. That is worth investing in. They can keep their KERS and RRA - I want to see investment in this tyre technology so that in 40 years time this type of tyre is available for road cars, thus finally making F1 relevant to the motor industry. #-o

Jersey Tom

Are they still going to require using both the prime AND option tire during a race?

If so, and say the option sucked for the race... I'd just paint over the letters on the prime with the appropriate color and fake it.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I think they still do have to use both compounds. I havn't seen anything saying otherwise.

adrianjordan

Jersey Tom wrote:Are they still going to require using both the prime AND option tire during a race?

If so, and say the option sucked for the race... I'd just paint over the letters on the prime with the appropriate color and fake it.
But by that token in the past they'd just have had to paint a green circle on it or paint over it with black...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jersey Tom

adrianjordan wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:Are they still going to require using both the prime AND option tire during a race?

But by that token in the past they'd just have had to paint a green circle on it or paint over it with black...
I would have done that too. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if some teams had tried it.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ESPImperium

Pirelli is rumored to be asking for access to all Test & Reserve drivers so they can test in the Toyota TF109 or one of the TF110s for comparison data to what Pirelli would also like in a Pirelli test driver to drive all cars to get a handle on a fit and propper baseline for their tires. They are rumored to be intrested for Lucas Di Grasi to do the driving of all the other teams cars, the thing that could be settled on is for him to drive all the 2010 cars at Jerez at some point before the start of the season.

adrianjordan

I don't see that happening...he'd have to have a seat fitting for each and every car for starters....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

lotus7

Jersey Tom wrote:
adrianjordan wrote: But by that token in the past they'd just have had to paint a green circle on it or paint over it with black...
I would have done that too. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if some teams had tried it.
Flav has left the building , so none of that .

raymondu999

Has anyone noticed that the Pirellis have a very "matte" finish as opposed to somewhat glossier Bridgestones? Just saying.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:Pirelli is rumored to be asking for access to all Test & Reserve drivers so they can test in the Toyota TF109 or one of the TF110s for comparison data to what Pirelli would also like in a Pirelli test driver to drive all cars to get a handle on a fit and propper baseline for their tires. They are rumored to be intrested for Lucas Di Grasi to do the driving of all the other teams cars, the thing that could be settled on is for him to drive all the 2010 cars at Jerez at some point before the start of the season.
Source?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium

http://www.f1today.nl/20110126/lucas-di ... relli.html

May have lost it a little in translation.

Personally i think all the teams should be running last years car and this years car or their 2009 car at Valencia to get a handle on their data. I also think that Pirelli should have been running the TF109 and TF110 at the test as well to get a known handle on the data as well.

FrukostScones

are thy serious? white and silver .... where is green?
will there be races with hard and medium available? I hope not... otherwise without words :?

Wet - orange
Intermediate - light blue
Supersoft - red
Soft – yellow
Medium – white
Hard – silver

source: autosport.com
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

2011F1

Formula one new tyre supplier Pirelli has published the colours that it will use to distinguish the six different types of tyre to be used through this season.

Every tyre will take its own colouring on the Pirelli and PZero logos affixed to the sidewall.

Goran2812

will that intermediate tire be any good? looks kinda "poor" when you compare it to the bridgestone intermediate... does anyone know what's the displacement of water per second at certain speed?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1