Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Shrieker

Re: Kubica's Recovery

cravenciak wrote:
he seems to be hiding his right hand/arm in those shots
Paranoid.
Android.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Pup
Pup

You've got to include the http://

Here you go...
cravenciak wrote:Image

Image (right hand)

PlatinumZealot

I see his right hand...http://p.twimg.com/AnjymZYCIAEdSyS.jpg

It looks like Frank Williams' hands. Sorta angled off to the side like it's lacking strength.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

strad

See what ya mean...He's a nice enough guy, but I just don't think I see an F1 racing future.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

ringo

I knew it was bad news when i saw severed hand. There was no way he'd return this year either; however i think he can make a return in 2014. That's if he's still remembered by then.
He payed a huge price for a little unnecessary fun though. That's the only conclusion i draw from all this.

Strenght is needed, even if he is goinf to be fitted a prostesis that helps to keep the hand on the wheel.
The hand is clearly looking healthy, its not shriveled or anything, it just needs strength and some dexterity.

With all this talent coming through though, hard to keep a space for F1 in him; it's not we're talking about Ayrton Senna reincarnate here.
For Sure!!

bhall
bhall

Shrieker wrote:
cravenciak wrote: Paranoid.
Android.
Saw them twice this week. They were glorious days.

And, yeah, um, Kubica, er, on topic words.

Pandamasque

ringo wrote:He payed a huge price for a little unnecessary fun though.
Don't be ridiculous. He's a racing driver and racing cars is what he does, not some 'unnecessary fun'. Why would you expect him to limit his life to the FOM TV shot? Besides he must realize that he can lose his life doing it whatever he drives, just like many racing drivers did that year. It can happen to you, and then it can happen to you again.

Sobek
Sobek

n smikle wrote:I see his right hand...http://p.twimg.com/AnjymZYCIAEdSyS.jpg

It looks like Frank Williams' hands. Sorta angled off to the side like it's lacking strength.
Come on guys, I wouldn't over-analyze that picture.
Look at his left hand - it looks somewhat artificial too. And that hand was not injured.

My take is that Bobby doesn't have a fine control of right hand at this point, and these tests will help him better understand impact this has on ability to control the car.

Hail22

He will be back, he would be the only "active" Formula 1 driver I would bank on a return from such a serious form of trauma/injuries.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

lucanalin
lucanalin

Go Robert! I want to see you racing again in F1!

donskar
donskar

It does not look good. Far less serious injuries have ended successful careers. I'd love to see him back -- and in a Ferrari. Only time will tell. Next step should be hundreds of testing laps behind the wheel of an F1 car (even an older one).
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

Pandamasque wrote:
ringo wrote:He payed a huge price for a little unnecessary fun though.
Don't be ridiculous. He's a racing driver and racing cars is what he does, not some 'unnecessary fun'. Why would you expect him to limit his life to the FOM TV shot? .[/i]
You can't be serious.
I guess you dont mind robert not having a future in F1 then?

What he does and should be doing is drive F1 cars, nothing else. I guess if he gets kicks from driving farm equipment and he somehow got his legs shredded you'd be fine with that becuase that how our home boy Robert gets down, that's what he does. 8) :lol:

Sorry but the driving romance is just sugar coating. The man's life has turned upside down because of a no name rally. Give me 5 million pounds a year and you can bet your house i wouldn't even ride a bicycle; just to make sure i keep making that kind of money every year.
Besides he must realize that he can lose his life doing it whatever he drives, just like many racing drivers did that year. It can happen to you, and then it can happen to you again

That is very unrealistic. when was the last fatality in F1?
Or better yet the last dismemberment?
If he's to lose his life or limb at something it should be what he is insured for and payed for. Not some back yard barn dance rally.
I put him and sutil in the same boat. Silly antics outside of the cockpit that were insignificant compared to the price payed.
For Sure!!

Pandamasque

ringo wrote:I put him and sutil in the same boat. Silly antics outside of the cockpit that were insignificant compared to the price payed.
Wow. I thought about replying but after this I have nothing to add really. It must have taken a lot of pinnacle-of-motorsport-and-nothing-else-matters-brainwashing to equate a drunken party incident including alleged stabbing to participation in a rally.

Lurk

@Ringo: You don't seem to understand from what kind of essence guys like Kubica are built, what they are living for. They want to drive! No matter how much they weight, no matter what the risks are.
Some want to be the best F1 driver - Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher, Hamilton I think - but guys like Kubica or Raikkonen just want to drive, anything, anywhere.

If Robert return to the highest level one day and have an opportunity to race on an insignificant rallye, be sure he'll do it again. It is clearly a short-term vision, but that's how they are.

No wonder why he choose to drove a rallye car next to the place he nearly die last year.

Pandamasque

Lurk wrote:No wonder why he choose to drove a rallye car next to the place he nearly die last year.
Maybe to prove himself something? It's interesting cause he won the Canadian Grand Prix a year after his huge crash at he same circuit.