[F1T Fantasy League] Season 2011

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Herweg

Re: [F1T Fantasy League] Season 2011

just joined! cool!

ajprice

Just updated for the Aussie results. Anybody with Sauber or Perez has done well there. I'm debating trading Schumacher for a younger model :)

Edit: scratch that, Sauber's upper element of the rear wing wasn't legal hhttp://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/27/perez-ko ... d-results/

Steven
Owner

I had an rather bad race :lol:
Williams chassis=fail. Schumacher=fail, Heidfeld=fail, Mercedes GP=fail

Ah well I'm not jumping to conclusions and will wait to change anything until after the next GP.

I have another regulation proposal btw... -1.000.000 for drivers causing a collision 8)

bot6

Tomba, I did pretty much the same thing as you, and got screwed over too.

Barrichello as captain did not help.
Oh well...

Ganxxta

Same here :(
Hope it gets better...

NaZzO

I have a question regarding the espn website point system.

Would anyone care to explain how the ferrari engine experienced more growth than either redbull's renault or mclaren's mercedes ??
According to the site's engine rules:An engine is placed in two cars (e.g. the Renault-engine is placed in both Renault-racers). The engine you have chosen for your team will earn the value-increase obtained by both racers.

Even though both redbulls and mclarens drivers placed higher than both the ferraris, the ferrari engine still got higher growth(almost double).
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

bot6

There is something about how many times the cars with that engine overtake (as supposedly an overtaking shows engine power). The Ferrari cars started further back and therefore overtook quite a lot of other cars, while the Mac and RBRs spent more time up front.

ajprice

I'd agree with bot6, its the amount of overtaking and moving towards the front from further down the grid. RB and McL started at the front, Ferrari were further back.

Alonso messing up his start and going down to about 10th (hence more overtaking to do) might have had something to do with it.

NaZzO

that makes sense. thanks for the info.
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

ringo

What is fantasy league really?
How does it work with F1?
For Sure!!

Steven
Owner

Well I turned half my team around moments ago. My guys are doing extremely poorly and my 51st out of 68 isn't exactly flattering either :D
Ah well, Chinese GP is just 6 days away!

wesley123

I am actually going pretty well, fourth right now and going strong, much better then last year lol
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Caito

I'm planning some changes. Was hoping ferrari did something good. But I probably sell fernando and buy both renault drivers..
Come back 747, we miss you!!

ajprice

I'm doing ok, p9 so far. Had 3 races without any transfers and I'm wondering whether to make some changes now, at least one of my drivers is being very average :) .

Steven
Owner

I'm into having a terrible season it looks like. After the first 2 dreadful races I switched out MercedesGP for Renault, but I sincerely regret that decision by now. I'm somewhere at the back I'm afraid ;)