Mechanical issue with Webber’s RB7

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Mechanical issue with Webber’s RB7

Nothing personal mate, but I'd very much appreciate it if you didn't use "I" as in "you" need Mark to take away points.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

Another MSC/Ferrari like domination is not what I want to watch this year so I need Webber to do that. I want him to do it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

I understand, but your use of "I" is rather annoying, frankly. There are many more people around the world that would potentially wish the same thing
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

volarchico
volarchico

So why can't he share his personal desires? Is this any better: "There are people around the world who desire Webber to take points away from Vettel including myself"...

raymondu999

Actually, it would.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

So you want all us fans to be corporate robots! Hell yeah I want Webber to take points off Vettel!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Actually, I must beg your pardons. After n_smikle's last post, it was the word "need' that was getting on my nerves. Sorry for being OCD. It's just me :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

You have a problem with Hamilton fans making requests of Webber don't it? hehe. I know, I know; no need to hide it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

no no no it's absolutely not that mate. It was just that I have a megalomaniac friend who always has to feel in power, and the "need" usage reminded me uncomfortably of him
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Would it be too much to ask if you guys actually discussed the mechanical problems on Webbers RB7? Thanks in advance.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

volarchico
volarchico

He had mechanical problems? I thought it was just a bad setup?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Well according to the thread title and some posts that appear legitimate there were in fact some mechanical issues with his car. The point being that fanboy comments should be avoided as much as possible.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

volarchico
volarchico

This post was what I was referring to:
raymondu999 wrote:Just to provide some closure to this topic: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2564 ... or-sepang/

Looks like they found that Mark was lost on setup :?
Christian Horner wrote: In a post-mortem of the event we’ve found a few things on Mark's car which, setup-wise, certainly wouldn't have helped. All of those elements have been changed for Malaysia, where we expect the two cars to be much closer together.
Slightly confusing, given that they (Mark & Seb) usually steal the others' setup anyways if one is lost.

marcush.
marcush.

redBull seems to like a public stance questioning Mark Webber...for whatever reason they think it is the right way to do.
Last year when Vetteel was unexplainably slower than him everyone was prepared to blame the car in the team.
when Mark is in trouble it is always his fault.
To say the setup was bad is a joke.why not admitting they f..d up the setup and did not check up the car enough.What about his race engineer..pilbeam seems to be a rather free spirit and I just don´t think he ´s complacent enough to not realise somethings wrong with the car or it is even not setup to the instructions.And in the end if it oversteers like mad you would not stick to the other guys setup sheet but look for a solution ,right?

Richard
Richard

marcush. wrote:when Mark is in trouble it is always his fault.

I don't read it like that. To my eyes Horner has admitted that there were "things" on Webber's car that hindered the set up. He is admitting it was a fault with the car.

We don't know what the "things" are. The way the sentence is structured could mean process failures or physical defects.