Schumacher Jerez 1997

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Schumacher Jerez 1997

If I wasn't I wouldn't have written it!

Sebp

Oh, and one other thing...
I think Senna would have attended his mothers funeral.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

andrew wrote:
Something I have never understood is that these incidents which are debatable are constantly dredged up yet blatently Senna ramming Prost off the track in Japan is held in great reverence. Why is that?
There is nothing debatable about Michael twice ramming in to title competitors and once parking his car to ruin a competitor's qualifying.

I'm a Senna fan and I'm happy to admit that his actions in the above incident was wrong. Not sure it's held in "great reverence" by anyone though.

I've also said that Schumacher was a brilliant driver but his actions over the years have tarnished his record in the eyes of all but his disciples.

Senna is usually referred to as a flawed genius. Schumacher is at least as flawed and no more a genius.

Perhaps the existance of these flawed geniuses is why the likes of Fangio, Clarke and Moss are held in such high regard by fans regarless of generation...they didn't crash in to people or park their cars to gain an advantage.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

andrew wrote:We are bitter arn't we? I have been lucky enough to see Schumacgher's entire F1 career and I cannot recall one single cheat. His team on the otehr hand......
Not bitter and I have also watched his entire career. I recall at least three driver-action cheats and at least three driver-complicit cheats.

Australia vs Hill
Jerez vs JV
Monaco vs Alonso
TC on the Benetton
Bargeboards on the Ferrari
Race result fixing (he shares this with several other driver over the years)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Are you guys serious? This has been covered to death... since it happened in 1997! #-o :lol:

Had it stayed remotely on topic and not gone into the usual fanboy mode fine, but this is just unbearable.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.