Ferrari, where did that second go?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Ferrari, where did that second go?

WhiteBlue wrote:
andrew wrote:How that is funny, I will never know. :roll: It is just a statement of fact communicated in a level and professional manner.
It is not so hard to see the funny side of the performance order. Ferrari make all the noises about the F1 politics as if they were the sole authority of what is right and wrong in F1. On the other side they failed to start the season with a competitive car for the third time in a row. It is not so funny for the Tifosi I guess, but those who think that Ferrari should learn to eat a bit of humble pie will easily see humor of fate.
It must be the German sence of humour as I still don't get the joke.

Performance of a car has nothing to do with the politics of F1 so them taking on the FIA is irrelevant in terms of why they are lagging behind. Their problem is a very conservative design.

You are wrong in saying that they failed to start the season with a competitive car for three years runniong. Can you remind me who qualified 2nd and 3r and finished 1st and 2nd at the first race of the season last year? It must surely have been a competitive team.

I don't think it is funny to any F1 fan. I am not a Ferrari fan or a Tifosi but I am still not laughing.

WhiteBlue

timbo wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:On the other side they failed to start the season with a competitive car for the third time in a row. It is not so funny for the Tifosi I guess, but those who think that Ferrari should learn to eat a bit of humble pie will easily see humor of fate.
Actually they won the first race last year.
As for F1 in general only RedBull had consistently competitive car for last three seasons.
So what does this have to do with F1 politics?
Alonso only won Bahrain last year because Vettel's Red Bull failed. Ferrari were not on the pace last year and they are not now. That is perfectly rational. Perhaps inconvenient but true.

The connection with F1 politics is obvious when you know the megalomaniac view of their chairman. He thinks Ferrari are the DNA of F1 and everybody should be delited to just breathe their exhaust fumes. If his engineers are not good enough then the world has not bend the rules sufficiently in Ferrari's favour. That is the attitude that generates some of the feeling of 8) some of us experience and some not.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

timbo

WhiteBlue wrote:Alonso only won Bahrain last year because Vettel's Red Bull failed. Ferrari were not on the pace last year and they are not now. That is perfectly rational. Perhaps inconvenient but true.
The fact is that Alonso won and Ferrari were 2nd and 3rd on the grid. If that does not mean "competitive", then not a single team managed to start a year with a "competitive" car for the last three years.
Does that mean that teams have no right to debate with commercial right holder?
If that's your logic than a contrario it should be Ferrari owning F1 rights after clean sweep in the first half of '00s :lol: .

andrew

WhiteBlue wrote:Alonso only won Bahrain last year because Vettel's Red Bull failed. Ferrari were not on the pace last year and they are not now. That is perfectly rational. Perhaps inconvenient but true.
Now that's funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't matter how it happens, a win is still a win. That's just plain sour grapes and nothing else. Go back to the Japanese Gp in 2009. By you logic, Vettel/Red Bull were not competitive as he only won due to Hamilton cooking his brakes.

To say a team that was in contention for the drivers and constructors championship are not competitive is pure comedic genius!
WhiteBlue wrote:The connection with F1 politics is obvious when you know the megalomaniac view of their chairman. He thinks Ferrari are the DNA of F1 and everybody should be delited to just breathe their exhaust fumes. If his engineers are not good enough then the world has not bend the rules sufficiently in Ferrari's favour. That is the attitude that generates some of the feeling of 8) some of us experience and some not.
Meglomaniac? The only real meglomaniac in F1 was MrM but he is thankfully gone.

When you mention F1 to anyone, even those who are not interested/don't know anything about the sport, they all know Ferrari. Ferrari are the biggest brand in F1, that is undeniable. So maybe Luca di Montezemolo does come accross at times as bolshy but they do have that right to a certain extent. It's a bit like someone who has been in a company for the longest and they can pretty much say or do what they like, whilst still doing their job properly, and no one will argue with them. Exactly the same with Ferrari.

Can't wait until Vettel signs for Ferrari. :wink:

andrew

Ferrari finished 3rd today and were running 2nd for a while. I guess they are not competitive today either(!) #-o

According to Christian Horner "Ferrari are back."

Pierce89

WhiteBlue wrote:
timbo wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:On the other side they failed to start the season with a competitive car for the third time in a row. It is not so funny for the Tifosi I guess, but those who think that Ferrari should learn to eat a bit of humble pie will easily see humor of fate.
Actually they won the first race last year.
As for F1 in general only RedBull had consistently competitive car for last three seasons.
So what does this have to do with F1 politics?
Alonso only won Bahrain last year because Vettel's Red Bull failed. Ferrari were not on the pace last year and they are not now. That is perfectly rational. Perhaps inconvenient but true.

The connection with F1 politics is obvious when you know the megalomaniac view of their chairman. He thinks Ferrari are the DNA of F1 and everybody should be delited to just breathe their exhaust fumes. If his engineers are not good enough then the world has not bend the rules sufficiently in Ferrari's favour. That is the attitude that generates some of the feeling of 8) some of us experience and some not.
Ferrari won 5 races by being off the pace.Macca won 5 races; were they off the pace?Do you have to be the very fastest car to be on pace? If so, let's just run the races in 24 RB7s. It's really sad and really says something about you, when you alway get off on attacking Ferrari rather than actually CHEERING FOR a team. Very sad state of affairs in my humble but loud mouthed opinion.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Richard

Looks like they found that second somewhere.

Mr Alcatraz

richard_leeds wrote:Looks like they found that second somewhere.
I have it on reliable information that it had slipped into a void between the cigarette lighter, and the "Flux Capacitor" :shock:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pierce89

Tazio wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Looks like they found that second somewhere.
I have it on reliable information that it had slipped into a void between the cigarette lighter, and the "Flux Capacitor" :shock:
Strange, I thought it got hung up in Alonso's pantomime villain costume.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher