Hamilton vs Button

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Hamilton vs Button

andrew wrote:Judge by what happens on the track and not by media friendly soundbites. :wink:
Right, but as you said earlier...
I'm not concerned with that but it is the dishonesty that gets me. It's as if some teams want to sound better than the rest, but they all use team orders no matter how much some claim they don't or won't.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Yes, that is what I said earlier. What is the point you are trying to make?

I am against team orders and it annoys the hell out of me when teams say they wont use them, yet it is alomost innevitable that they will at some point later in the season.

i70q7m7ghw

There's only a select few teams that actually order their drivers to move over for their team mate, most just have a gentlemens agreement which is dependant on the situation.

donskar

andrew wrote:
Diesel wrote:
andrew wrote:They all say the same but I don't believe any of them. When it comes to the end of the season a call will go out telling one of the drivers to pull over.
Source? No didn't think so, idle speculation.
Not idle speculation. Just the blatently obvious from years of watching F1.
Diesel, I'm Andrew's source. I've followed F1 religiously for almost 50 years. Have you?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

lebesset

I find it hard to believe that , at the end of the season when his chances of being champion are gone , any driver would need team instructions to assist a teammate who still had a shot at the championship
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

SiLo

lebesset wrote:I find it hard to believe that , at the end of the season when his chances of being champion are gone , any driver would need team instructions to assist a teammate who still had a shot at the championship
Exactly, all team-mates, at the end of the day, would easily move over if they couldn't win the championship but their team-mate could. It would be for the team and would be the proper thing to do. Has there ever been a situation like this where the team-mate didn't move out of the way?

You can bash Hamilton and Button all you want, but at the end of the day they both obviously have massive respect for each other, and if Button had seen Hamilton up the inside, would easily have given him room.
Felipe Baby!

i70q7m7ghw

donskar wrote:Diesel, I'm Andrew's source. I've followed F1 religiously for almost 50 years. Have you?
Having watched F1 for longer, do you believe your opinion is worth more than mine?

You honestly believe that if Button was leading a race with Lewis a close second, McLaren would ORDER Button to move out of the way? Sorry I don't think. Maybe if we are talking about petty points but still very unlikely. Not for a victory/podium. McLaren would not risk dragging their reputation as a racing team through the mud. If you've watched F1 for so long, you've witnessed McLaren's high criticised advocacy of driver equality.

Andrew, you've been very critical of the blatant team orders inside top teams and claimed all are doing it and that they are all dishonest and hypocrits for denying it. Clearly forgetting a certain german resides in one of the accused teams, and they are probably one of the biggest voices in the "we don't do team orders" group.

When you point the finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at you.

andrew

Diesel wrote:Andrew, you've been very critical of the blatant team orders inside top teams and claimed all are doing it and that they are all dishonest and hypocrits for denying it. Clearly forgetting a certain german resides in one of the accused teams, and they are probably one of the biggest voices in the "we don't do team orders" group.

What on earth are you on about? I condemn team oreder no matter which team uses them. They just end up embarassing their drivers. I really don't see the disagreement here.

lotus7

Diesel wrote: McLaren would not risk dragging their reputation as a racing team through the mud.
"spygate" and "liegate" come to mind ...........

lebesset

lotus7 wrote:
Diesel wrote: McLaren would not risk dragging their reputation as a racing team through the mud.
"spygate" and "liegate" come to mind ...........
teams orders would be a corporate decision .....the incidents mentioned were occasioned by individuals , and McLaren dismissed both of them
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

i70q7m7ghw

andrew wrote:
Diesel wrote:Andrew, you've been very critical of the blatant team orders inside top teams and claimed all are doing it and that they are all dishonest and hypocrits for denying it. Clearly forgetting a certain german resides in one of the accused teams, and they are probably one of the biggest voices in the "we don't do team orders" group.

What on earth are you on about? I condemn team oreder no matter which team uses them. They just end up embarassing their drivers. I really don't see the disagreement here.
So now you condemn team orders? :roll: Riiiight, because earlier it very much seemed like you backed them...

andrew

Diesel wrote:So now you condemn team orders? :roll: Riiiight, because earlier it very much seemed like you backed them...
Did it? I don't think so. I said I understand the reasoning behind them.

It is possible to understand something but it doesn't mean you agree with it.

donskar

Diesel wrote:
donskar wrote:Diesel, I'm Andrew's source. I've followed F1 religiously for almost 50 years. Have you?
Having watched F1 for longer, do you believe your opinion is worth more than mine?
Yours is an opinion. Mine is an expression of years of observation. Recognize that there is a difference?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Giblet

The sound of two people yelling to get off their respective lawns.

You have successfully locked the thread.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

CHT
CHT

Re: Vettel just shy of Grand Slam, Hamilton beats penalty re

If we finish the championship is this order, will it be compulsory for him to give his no. 3 to button?