Silly Season 2011/2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vall

Re: Silly Season 2011/2012

it really depends on what car they will produce, not that much who drives it. The driver is obviously very important when it comes down to squeeze 0.1-0.2sec, but I don't think William's problem is at that level. It they make a fast car, I am sure both Maldo and Bruno will deliver.

dren

That is true to an extent. Look at the gap that Vettle put on Webber last season. I just hope Bruno keeps improving. I don't think he is that close to the top 1/3 pool of drivers yet.
Honda!

dren

Well and now that Rubens is out, is there a chance we could see him at Caterham? As much as I tend to like Trulli as a person, I would pick Rubens as a driver over him any day.
Honda!

ringo

Barichello always wanted a fast car, i dont think he'll continue if he's going to be around the back, but then again if he's desperate to race in F1 who knows.
For Sure!!

dren

Yeah, but he went to Williams! I expect the Caterham to challenge the Williams this year.
Honda!

manchild

Mr.S wrote:
manchild wrote:
Mr.S wrote:BTW cut the BS that Renault were denied & Brawn were allowed by the FIA. This ........ favouritism idea is way too boring & does not interest me.

Come up with solid facts,proofs to show that FIA played favouritism & not on the basis of ridiculous rumours..................
Google for Renault statements.

Renault presented double diffuser to FIA in October 2008, and it was judged by FIA as illegal. That is why Renault started redesigning car to work without it. Unlike Renault, Brawn was told by FIA that double diffuser is legal. When the season started, and after several races when FIA defined it as legal device, all other teams had to make swift changes, although some of them like Renault for example, had car design with double diffuser half year ago.
Google means S***. Give me official statements from the FIA,any team or Renault which says something similar. If you come up with such allegation,back it up or keep quiet.
You should try Googling a bit harder, or take lessons if you have difficulties using it. Feel free to send me PM if you like, and I'll give you few tips and pointers for free.

Mr Alcatraz

Manchild is correct in this matter!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

mx_tifoso

Hamilton to RBR in 2013?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ajdavison2

Any source?

mx_tifoso

It's more of a question than a statement, therefore there isn't any adequate foundation. But his contract expires this year and a move to RBR for 2013 might give him a better chance at the championship, along with catering to his flashier and youthful lifestyle.

beelsebob

I think Hamilton would be well up for it... But the only way I see it happening is if Vettel goes to Ferrari in 2013, and the only way I see that happening is if Alonso has a freak accident involving a badger, lightening and two cups.

mx_tifoso

I think Hamilton would relish going up against someone like Vettel, especially since he really enjoys attention. I trully believe that Vettel's worth as a top driver will only be proved once he goes up against someone like Hamilton, Alonso, or Schumacher in the same car over at least two seasons.

ajdavison2

Well we know Button is set at Mclaren, Vettel I think has no reason to move if he keeps winning, same with Alonso, I think I read that Massa has until the midpoint of this season to prove his worth before Ferrari start looking elsewhere, I believe Ham will stay at Mclaren out of sheer comfort. And also I'm not sure when Webbers contract ends, anyone? So Ham might possibly take Webber's seat, we know Ham and Vettel don't like to play No2, and Redbull have shown that they are a one horse team, so unless Ham can get a cast iron equality agreement I wouldn't put money on a Redbull seat.

beelsebob

mx_tifoso wrote:I think Hamilton would relish going up against someone like Vettel, especially since he really enjoys attention. I trully believe that Vettel's worth as a top driver will only be proved once he goes up against someone like Hamilton, Alonso, or Schumacher in the same car over at least two seasons.
Sure, but I don't think Mataschitz would relish two top drivers going up against each other, he'd fear too many Turkey incidents.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I reckon mx is onto something here.

Mateschitz would give his left scrotum to pair Vettel and Hamilton together.
Just a case of Hamilton finding a clean exit from McLaren, and that means it depends wether McLaren give him a capable car this year.
If they don't, it's quite possible he'll leave.
More could have been done.
David Purley