DRS in Monza/New top speed records?/Best place to sit

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
darkmninya
darkmninya

Re: DRS in Monza/New top speed records?/Best place to sit

My dream about f1 : 400km/h

Juzh

George77 wrote:I just can not believe that combined both engine and the electric motor produce only 750...i believe by the time of Monza they will equal the old V10 units...allready and not pussing 100% Ferrari toped 336+in Bahrain...for Monza they will definetly bring a special aero+the reduced drag i believe we will see a new record.
Wanna bet on it?

George77
George77

YES!

basti313
basti313

George77 wrote:I just can not believe that combined both engine and the electric motor produce only 750...
1. Power will not limit the top speed. Gear ratio will limit the top speed. No one will aim for a record in Monza with a high gear ratio he has to carry through the rest of the season. We will see the lowest top speeds ever in Monza.
2. Test top speeds do not mean anything. Launch spec aero with not enough downforce for the track...Monza race spec will perhaps not be much lower in drag.
Don`t russel the hamster!

OrangeArrows
OrangeArrows

Juzh wrote:
George77 wrote:I just can not believe that combined both engine and the electric motor produce only 750...i believe by the time of Monza they will equal the old V10 units...allready and not pussing 100% Ferrari toped 336+in Bahrain...for Monza they will definetly bring a special aero+the reduced drag i believe we will see a new record.
Wanna bet on it?
Are the gear ratios already fixed in testing? same for the fuel flow restriction during resting?

Juzh

OrangeArrows wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Wanna bet on it?
Are the gear ratios already fixed in testing? same for the fuel flow restriction during resting?
From article 9.6.2 of F1 2014 technical regs:
Each competitor must nominate the forward gear ratios (calculated from engine crankshaft to
drive shafts) to be employed within their gearbox. These nominations must be declared to the
FIA technical delegate at or before the first Event of the Championship.

George77
George77

What do you think now about the "top speed" debate? Are we going to see a new record tomorrow?

Gaz.
Gaz.

George77 wrote:What do you think now about the "top speed" debate? Are we going to see a new record tomorrow?
Highest today was 348kph iirc, I don't think we are going to see 373kph tomorrow.
Forza Jules

George77
George77

354 the maximum today quite impressive.

PlatinumZealot

362 km/hr from Ricciardo
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

George77
George77

As i said, this year we'll see 360-370 at Monza...362 is quite impressive!!!

Belatti
Belatti

360 kph for year 2014 safety standards is quite low, and 1m24s pole position is quite slow, maybe Monza should have a 3rd gear first chicane, a faster 2nd Lesmo and a wider Ascari exit...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Juzh

Belatti wrote:360 kph for year 2014 safety standards is quite low, and 1m24s pole position is quite slow, maybe Monza should have a 3rd gear first chicane, a faster 2nd Lesmo and a wider Ascari exit...
No.

SectorOne

Just continue to develop the ERS system. KERS went from 80 to 160 in four seasons it ran so double it again in another four-five years

320 electric horses plus some from the ERS-H for good measure.
Land driven rockets basically.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

PlatinumZealot

I say increase the fuel flow limit. That is the real enemy here. Formula 1 should just forget about trying to save fuel. It will be all done in another couple of decades so might as well screw the environmentalist and have fun with it!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™