Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
roon

Re: Aston Martin wants hyper-car to be faster than F1 cars

Also, the sharp trailing edge was replaced by a tall engine vent.

Some F1 similarities: the front wing appears to have a "neutral" section and two elements outboard. This should generate an equivalent Y250 type vortex.

I wonder if they make it all the way to the back of the car; the diffuser seems nicely shaped to accept them.

Nickel

I don't see a neutral section? What does the underside look like? Why on earth would you implement a complicated vortex like that? It only exists in f1 because of the rules: neutral section transition creates this vortex anyways so you use it to your advantage to control the tire wake or seal the floor or whatever. In the absence of rules, all these problems have simple solutions that don't require losing downforce-generating areas.

humble sabot

I think the centre section has to be flatter anyway, making it more like a splitter. There's not much use to directing the air upwards there since there's a flat roof over the whole front, and it's even lower in the middle. Pretty sure Newey put in those big fender holes, and angled the flow guide behind the front wheel outwards because the front section needed more expansion.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

roon

Nickel wrote:
18 Jun 2017, 04:54
I don't see a neutral section? What does the underside look like?
I posted two images of exactly these things. Note the parenthesis I used around the word neutral, and words such a "similarities" & "equivalent." The wing has a single element in the center, flanked by two-element sections at either end. It would seem inevitable that spillover will be created from this design, resulting in something like a Y250 in terms of location and direction of rotation.
Nickel wrote:
18 Jun 2017, 04:54
Why on earth would you implement a complicated vortex like that?
A wingtip vortex is all it is—most subsonic wings exhibit them. Why do you consider it a complicated phenomenon?

variante

roon wrote:
17 Jun 2017, 23:54
I wonder if they make it all the way to the back of the car; the diffuser seems nicely shaped to accept them.
The big vortices under the diffuser rotate in the opposite way compared to the Y250s

roon

True, and they'd fill the outer radiuses. Wasn't commenting on them. The inner radiuses being filled with these pseudo y250s. Their counterrotation being beneficial in this scenario.

SR71

1130 HP
1000 HP coming from 6.5L V12 - 153.85 HP/L
2,270 pounds

http://jalopnik.com/aston-martin-valkyr ... 1796352960

Just_a_fan

153bhp/litre? Sorry, but that is sounding a bit far fetched - no naturally-aspirated road car engine has ever got close to that.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

lawnmower

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 21:04
153bhp/litre? Sorry, but that is sounding a bit far fetched - no naturally-aspirated road car engine has ever got close to that.
Ferrari 458 - 134 hp/L

This may be possible on a hyper car

Andres125sx

It´s looking good, at any angle

specially this one =P~ =P~

I know it´s old and the diffuser will be different, but that does not relevant in this angle, I watched the pic from a link to an older article and simply had to click, this is what I call a mindblowing design

humble sabot

lawnmower wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 23:32
Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 21:04
Ferrari 458 - 134 hp/L

This may be possible on a hyper car
Ducati Panigale is 164hp/L or thereabouts in most iterations. Also a 10.5k rpm NA engine. It's within reason especially considering they aren't trying to get honda civic levels of life out of it.
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Ana

Is it the same one that was reviewed by in the The Grand Tour on Amazon. I remember them doing one Aston Martin.

humble sabot

Reviewed? They haven't built a running one yet. You might be thinking of the Vulcan?
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Ana

humble sabot wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 06:00
Reviewed? They haven't built a running one yet. You might be thinking of the Vulcan?
Yes, you are right that was the Vulcan they reviewed on The Grand Tour. Except for the speed they did not have much to praise about it. The Vulcan and this Hyper car resemble quite lot IMO.

humble sabot

Anyone else curious why they dropped the raised center section of the rear wing despite bringing the exhaust so much further back? Would seem to make sense to have kept at least for heat reasons.
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance