McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Just_a_fan

Re: McLaren P1

That looks gorgeous! It's quite funny that boring old McLaren made a hypercar that makes the equivalent from glamorous Ferrari look like a truck.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sevach

Just_a_fan wrote:That looks gorgeous! It's quite funny that boring old McLaren made a hypercar that makes the equivalent from glamorous Ferrari look like a truck.
I wonder what kinds of trucks do you see everyday...

the EDGE

ahhhh....at last, what we've all been waiting for

P1 v LaFarrari v 918....enjoy

https://youtu.be/bfLqa4vlmFI

and if that wasn't enough

https://youtu.be/q3YPTkBRaOk

giantfan10

Just_a_fan wrote:That looks gorgeous! It's quite funny that boring old McLaren made a hypercar that makes the equivalent from glamorous Ferrari look like a truck.
you can keep that Mclaren i'll take the Ferrari.
since the Mclaren was allowed to do its lap in a non road legal configuration maybe ferrari should have sent the FXXK to compete. : )

Just_a_fan

The P1 has a track mode designed for use on tracks. If Ferrari want to make a separate car to do tracks then that's up to them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

santos

Well, i wouldn't care wich one is faster then the other. I would have any one. All of them are top cars, each one can deliver different things. But if i had to choose an hyper car, that would be the Pagani Huayra.

flmkane

Sevach wrote:
I wonder what kinds of trucks do you see everyday...
I see lots of F150 in Texas.

giantfan10

Just_a_fan wrote:The P1 has a track mode designed for use on tracks. If Ferrari want to make a separate car to do tracks then that's up to them.
they did they built the FXXK...
i wonder if the LaFerrari would have been faster around that track if it was lowered and ran that huge rear wing ....lol

giantfan10

giantfan10 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:The P1 has a track mode designed for use on tracks. If Ferrari want to make a separate car to do tracks then that's up to them.
they did they built the FXXK...
i wonder if the LaFerrari would have been faster around that track if it was lowered and ran that huge rear wing ....lol
i have to admit i'm not a fan of Mclaren road cars at all... with the exception of the P1 styling the rest of the lineup looks very very similar and uninspiring from an aesthetic point of view.

mertol

There was a mistake on the last corner with the la ferrari lap.
From the video you can see that despite the active aero and suspension, the P1 is still the slowest car in the corners. I wrote down all the apex speeds, the ferrari and the porsche are within 1mph difference everywhere except the last corner where the ferrari makes a mistake and is 4mph slower.

SectorOne

Actually the P1 was superior in the corners registering 1,8g according to Chris own twitter.
And that was on the slower tires, he said the other tires mainly helped out of corners.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mertol

The video is right there and you can look at the speeds - mclaren is slowest in the corners and fastest on the straights. Only way it could register more G-s is if he took tighter lines, or maybe it was more "jumpy" and only had spikes in the G-s.

SectorOne

I'd rather listen to the guy who has the telemetry and reported on the g forces.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Cold Fussion

Just because it is telemetry doesn't mean it is correct, especially when it comes to acceleration. If you truly cared you would use the onboard video and try and construct the path around the circuit and using the speed data find the acceleration that way. In the end though it doesn't really matter as all three cars scored the same laptime with a competent driver.

mertol

You have the telemetry right there at the video, P1 hits the 1.8G for a split second in turn 9 and it's just that - a spike. It might as well be faster than the other 2 cars in corners above 120mph but that's not a track with such corners.