McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Felipe 92

Re: McLaren P1

mertol wrote:There was a mistake on the last corner with the la ferrari lap.
From the video you can see that despite the active aero and suspension, the P1 is still the slowest car in the corners. I wrote down all the apex speeds, the ferrari and the porsche are within 1mph difference everywhere except the last corner where the ferrari makes a mistake and is 4mph slower.
You can`t drive 918 (4wd),P1 (active aero/suspension,DRS) and LaFerrari (lighest,most powerful, rwd) the same way nor the driving lines are the same (see 3rd corner).

Speeds when they go through 1st corner (when they touch the kerbs) : P1 - 72mph vs 918 74mph, but then 5-10 m before kerbs in turn 2 McLaren clocks 98mph vs Porsche`s 93mph. When they touch the kerbs they`re both at 99mph. Through 3rd corner Porsche carries more speed and has tighter line at the exit. McLaren goes wider, accelerates faster and is 1mph faster through 4th corner.

Porsche and Ferrari have higher speed at the certain point of the corner (mostly when they hit the kerbs), but McLaren approaches corners (see turn 2, 99 vs 93 mph) with more speed and accelerates faster. If you think about corner as a 5m long part of a track, McLaren is the slowest but if you take into account entering and exiting corners (especially medium and fast) McLaren is faster.

mertol

I look at the lowest speed they drop to regardless of where it happens to be. Exactly because they have different lines.

MadMatt

What I found sad is that McLaren being English and Mr Harris as well, biases his opinion all the time he's talking about the P1. Come on, even in race mode it couldn't properly beat the Ferrari or even worse, the Porsche!

Remember that the Porsche is heavier, has less power, and can drive at least a whole lap in electric mode. I think THIS is impressive. Hell, Porsche didn't even bother sending a team of engineers for their car. Looks like they just came with it, did laps in the same range as the others, without even fiddling with pressures and temperatures.

Give this car proper tyres and let's see again! =D>

Just_a_fan

These discussions are about as useful as discussing whether you'd prefer your supermodel girlfriend to be a redhead, a brunette or a blonde...everyone has their favourites and almost no one will ever get to find out if they're right! :roll:

The reality is that each of the cars has its own strengths and weaknesses; just as my supermodel girlfriend is great in bed but farts like a trooper! :o :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MadMatt

Just_a_fan wrote:These discussions are about as useful as discussing whether you'd prefer your supermodel girlfriend to be a redhead, a brunette or a blonde...everyone has their favourites and almost no one will ever get to find out if they're right! :roll:

The reality is that each of the cars has its own strengths and weaknesses; just as my supermodel girlfriend is great in bed but farts like a trooper! :o :lol:
What is annoying is biased reviews or comments eventho numbers are there.

Cold Fussion

MadMatt wrote:What I found sad is that McLaren being English and Mr Harris as well, biases his opinion all the time he's talking about the P1. Come on, even in race mode it couldn't properly beat the Ferrari or even worse, the Porsche!

Remember that the Porsche is heavier, has less power, and can drive at least a whole lap in electric mode. I think THIS is impressive. Hell, Porsche didn't even bother sending a team of engineers for their car. Looks like they just came with it, did laps in the same range as the others, without even fiddling with pressures and temperatures.

Give this car proper tyres and let's see again! =D>
Are the Michelin Cup 2 tyres comparable to the Pirelli Trefeo R tyres, or are far more road biased?. The most annoying thing about these test is that if they were over the course of 5 laps, the P1 would be significantly slower than both the Ferrari and the Porsche. Heavens knows why Mclaren get a free pass on designing a hybrid that is incapable of any regeneration to any significant degree.

Morteza

McLaren P1 LM has set the fastest lap record around Nürburgring Nordschleife.

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

humble sabot

That was no noob!
I think I would probably paint the armoco with my head on a 6:43 with that setup. But 9 seconds out of the Huracan, race tyres or no, is serious business.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

the EDGE

humble sabot wrote:
31 May 2017, 00:18
That was no noob!
I think I would probably paint the armoco with my head on a 6:43 with that setup. But 9 seconds out of the Huracan, race tyres or no, is serious business.
The P1 LM was on road legal tyres

FrukostScones

P15 McLaren Senna.... What is this? :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

mclaren111

McLaren Senna

+ $1 Million Price Tag. Only 500 to be produced. All sold according to Forbes :D =D> :D

the EDGE

McLaren Senna

" 800PS (789bhp) and 800Nm (590lb ft). This combination creates a staggering power-to-weight ratio of 688PS-per-tonne"

So weighs 1,162kg if my math is correct

NoDivergence

1198 kg was stated in several places, but this car can be optioned without AC and stereo, bare carbon instead of rear glass, carbon door panel, etc. Probably pretty close to your number

roon

What does it share with the P1?

Nonserviam85

Another very ugly car from McLaren Automotive...What a shame