Ferrari LaFerrari

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
krisfx

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari

Personally, I'm skeptical that this is an XX - It doesn't look much different to the standard road car and the engine doesn't sound like the rumoured V6T

Edit: It looks to be development mule, I just clocked the windows, still on road tyres?

George-Jung

You are right!
This sounds soooo mucht better than the V6T.. 8)

ringo

when is top gear testing this car?
Or chris harris even?
For Sure!!

Bomber_Pilot

ringo wrote:when is top gear testing this car?
Or chris harris even?
Chris already drove it.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews ... ris-harris

Powerslide

Cold Fussion wrote:I don't think it does that, because you would have to decouple the engine from the drivetrain to generate electricity, and then you would have to very quickly recouple it when power is requested. If the engine were generating at 7000 rpm while breaking, and say it would be at 3000 rpm when the driver re-applies the accelerator, then after the driver pressed the accelerator, the engine would have to stop generating, decelerate down to the required rpm and then be reconnected to the drive train, in the process generating a massive amount of throttle lag. furthermore, such generating would easily be audible in the video reviews, and surely the reviewers would have commented on the engine constantly spinning despite being on the break.
I agree with your point, its impossible for the P1 to use the engine to generate power when off throttle as the drivetrain would be the one doing it, spinning the motor. if the engine was the one recuperating energy, both the engine and electric motor would have to be disengaged from the box meaning zero kinetic recovery. So if the P1 uses regenerative coasting and not braking, it will not harness enough energy for a full blow lap. I think this is why McLaren has a electric boost button there, like on F1 cars. When there is enough charge then push the button but while it is not being pressed, what is left in the battery is used for touque fill to cover turbo lag.
https://www.facebook.com/venasel/ Velocities Natural Selection

mikep99

LaFerrari V P1
Octane's Mark Hales has driven both - so how do they compare ?

Sevach

ringo

I want to see him drive it.
For Sure!!

Sevach

It's just gonna be quite a lot of drifting/power sliding again.

radosav

Sevach wrote:It's just gonna be quite a lot of drifting/power sliding again.
I really hate those tests!!! They only drift, nothing to show car's real potential.

George-Jung

Because people love to do that.. it is big fun!

ringo

Well sometimes you do get a sense of how amaxing the car is. His pagani huyuira test was pretty sweet, so was the p1 and the f12. Sure beets reading an article.
For Sure!!

AnthonyG

I want to see Tim Schrick having a go at it, he's imo one of the best car reviewers there is, much more than Harris.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

ringo

Well if his videos are with english subtitles, then maybe i'll have an understanding.
For Sure!!

Sevach

ringo wrote:Well sometimes you do get a sense of how amaxing the car is. His pagani huyuira test was pretty sweet, so was the p1 and the f12. Sure beets reading an article.
I disagree, reading an article, while not as exciting, can be more informative as in this medium he doesn't have the visuals to get away with "nothing".
He's a cool guy, but i don't find his videos particularly enlightning... and i don't share his passion for forced slides.

I hope Plato gets another job.