Ferrari LaFerrari

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Emerson.F

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari

allstaruk08 wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you idiot! i was looking at this on the bus home. i dont think i've reacted this fast in my life to close the screen! lmao
Dude my bad not my fault. :wink:
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Pierce89

Sounds like I missed something
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bhall

Emerson.F wrote:eDIT: wtf WAS THAT? :? I swear that was a baddass picture of the car :lol:

ringo

So when do we get an in detail walk around for this car?
After the reveal there hasn't been much in the way of details or a test drive.
For Sure!!

NoDivergence

They're trying to fix it hoping that it will be faster than the P1

ecapox

"Faccio due giri, piano piano."

;-)

Pierce89

NoDivergence wrote:They're trying to fix it hoping that it will be faster than the P1
It will be better than the P1 simply because its not made by boring, emotionless Mclaren. :wtf:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

NoDivergence

Anyone who says that clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

Do you think a McLaren GT3 car is emotionless? Because the P1 is significantly faster than that and grippier than anything with a roof and street certification.

I've driven a 458, and honestly, it annoyed the crap out of me. Trying to shout out at 30 mph and twitchy as hell. Terrible

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Kasakolt

Still trying to understand how rear spoiler works. Sometimes looks like it goes up when full throttle (after going out of a curve (or could be in the curve?) or breaking for turn.

Ganxxta

Kasakolt wrote:Still trying to understand how rear spoiler works. Sometimes looks like it goes up when full throttle (after going out of a curve (or could be in the curve?) or breaking for turn.
Both, when he accelerates it goes up to provide downforce for better grip of the rear (driven) tires, reducing wheelspin.
When he brakes it goes up and is being used as an Air Break.

Just_a_fan

Not sure it's big enough or sticks up enough to give much of an airbrake effect. What it will do, however, is help to stabilize the centre of pressure under braking as the car pitches forward. As this happens, the centre of pressure moves forwards and makes the car unstable. By having an active flip-up spoiler they get to keep the centre of pressure behind the centre of gravity. It's an idea that, I think, first saw use on a road car in the McLaren F1.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Shrieker

allstaruk08 wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you idiot! i was looking at this on the bus home. i dont think i've reacted this fast in my life to close the screen! lmao
Emerson.F wrote:Dude my bad not my fault. :wink:

That happened to me on msn once. Was a lesson well learned.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SectorOne

Just_a_fan wrote:Not sure it's big enough or sticks up enough to give much of an airbrake effect. What it will do, however, is help to stabilize the centre of pressure under braking as the car pitches forward. As this happens, the centre of pressure moves forwards and makes the car unstable. By having an active flip-up spoiler they get to keep the centre of pressure behind the centre of gravity. It's an idea that, I think, first saw use on a road car in the McLaren F1.
Am i right in saying that once the airbrake comes into play, moving the CoP rearwards, you also move the CoG rearwards also?
Maybe not by much but a tiny bit?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

No Lotus

Just_a_fan wrote:Not sure it's big enough or sticks up enough to give much of an airbrake effect. What it will do, however, is help to stabilize the centre of pressure under braking as the car pitches forward. As this happens, the centre of pressure moves forwards and makes the car unstable. By having an active flip-up spoiler they get to keep the centre of pressure behind the centre of gravity. It's an idea that, I think, first saw use on a road car in the McLaren F1.
You would be correct, Sir. Gordon Murray patented the concept.
SCUDERIA FASE
2016 Phase 1